Parking Fine - Jordanstown Road

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

suckindiesel

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Allroad
Parked this morning on 'Gleneden Park' (its first road on left past the Jtown Rd entrance to university) a good distance from the junction, behind a line of cars. There are no yellow lines or markings on the road.

I was welcomed by a fixed penalty fine for parking "approximately 12M from junction; offense code 006". A few old blokes hanging around looking at the cars with parking tickets with a "we bagged some student scum today" look on their faces. Anyone know if I should just pay it or have i got a leg to stand on? the cars on down the road did not have tickets.

ZS

Banned
Drives
Astra 2.0DTi SXi
I was moved on by the PSNIs for the same thing on Friday down in Cromwell Rd off Botanic. Thankfully I was sitting in the car waiting for someone.

The PSNI have a bee in their bonnet about parking on junctions at the moment - you're not supposed to stop within 15m of the junction. That'd be why the other cars didn't get scooped.

suckindiesel

RMS Regular
OP
suckindiesel
Drives
A6 Allroad
yeah i figuired something like that - but in the absence of anyone telling you this and and any yellow lines its a bit of a shafter. Also the road has at some point been dug up for services where the yellow lines would be. I remember hearing that if there should be lines and they were never repainted they cant fine you; whether theres any truth in this i dont know.

ZS

Banned
Drives
Astra 2.0DTi SXi
Nothing to do with lines - it's in the Highway Code. You're not to park within 15m of a junction if there's yellow lines, pink lines, or no lines. It's just that over here they tend to go mad with the double yellows, and then when there aren't any people assume it's OK to park there. :grinning:

Emmy

15m of a junction:scream: flip me, so i assume its overrulled if there are parking spaces since you could say alot of them in city are less than 15m from a junction:relieved: , see thats a hard one to say , coz there should have been signs i think to say no parking, what do the people do who live on that road?..personally i paid for the uni parking last year but then i was lucky only to be in 3 days a week in the mornings so i could get parked most of the time.

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
No offense.....ha ha!!

I live in the Jordanstown area and its crap trying to gdrive anywhere with half the road blocked!!

suckindiesel

RMS Regular
OP
suckindiesel
Drives
A6 Allroad
Hmmmm------you werent one of the 70 something yr olds standing out in approval were you andy?! lol

I'm not tight, but i can't stand drivin round for ages lookin for a space along with half the university.

azzamut

RMS Regular
Drives
Evo ,GS430
easier parking down at the car park at the shore! i got a fine for parking oppposite uni.think the old ppl have nothin beter 2 do!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
that is truely queer. it wouldnt do any harm to phone up and explain your cause, stating you were 12m from the corner. they can only say no.

did you measure the 12m also?

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
azzamut said:
easier parking down at the car park at the shore! i got a fine for parking oppposite uni.think the old ppl have nothin beter 2 do!

Nice wheels!!!

Cycled past you the other day!!

dturbopug

I also got a parking fine in that street on the same day. Only i was parked in another smaller street off that street and got the 15m of a junction ****e. This is actually a a small little street really in the middle of no were and traffic wardens come in and do that ****e. Imagine if they went round all the small streets and fined anyone within 15m of a junction.

six_impressive_hours

RMS Regular
If someone was parked right on a corner which you then came round and hit them due to there not being enough time to stop, I think you'd be a little p i s s e d.

jamesy

dturbopug

polo on the prowl said:
Go to the students union office mate, u can claim!

For what!!! DOnt think they will give out cash for parking fines mate. Especially when the clamp in the uni car park and they dont pay for that either.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
its week 4 and ive yet to see a car clamped!!

they were clamping hourly when i was in first year (2years aog) and the parking now is much much worse and still no yellow rings round those tyres!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
even in the big car park which runs the length of the university, the cars which just drive up the hill on the grass at the end of each wee bay bit havent been clamped.

see the maybin vans driving around, are they keeping an eye on the security side of things, or are they meant to be the clampers?

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
well, i have to applaud them then. every day ive been driving within the grounds i see a van doing the rounds of the carpark.

ossy2004

RMS Regular
Drives
R33 / V70
Pacology - Camt win both way really, as i got clamped inside the campes due to the serious lack of spaces!!! had to pay a hefty fine of £50!!! B4llbags!!! :mad:

Bilal

RMS Regular
Drives
Tesla Y
The uni car park make enuff money as it is just chargin for parkin etc each day on top of that the fines they give ppl, whats next?!!?!?!?!?!?! They'll probs start goin for ppl with bikes cus dont think any of them pay as they just park in wee bike shelters and they are bound to go aroung the barriers at the entrance:p

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.