Parking Fine - Jordanstown Road

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
speaking of bikes, do they not have to pay??? they just scoot round the side of the barriers.

also, i was coming out one day last week + there was a car full of twats in a blue 306 close behind me. i just assumed he was a young boy racer arsing about, but when i drove out the barrier he was tight against my bumper and came out at the same time. i was FOOKIN raging, dirty tramp. there needs to be cameras installed at the barriers to catch the cheeky cocks out.

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
Lyons said:
speaking of bikes, do they not have to pay??? they just scoot round the side of the barriers.

also, i was coming out one day last week + there was a car full of twats in a blue 306 close behind me. i just assumed he was a young boy racer arsing about, but when i drove out the barrier he was tight against my bumper and came out at the same time. i was FOOKIN raging, dirty tramp. there needs to be cameras installed at the barriers to catch the cheeky cocks out.

They usually have a security man standing there in the mornings and evenings for such a thing.
I say fair play to him as its just a money making scheme by the uni. Its not deterring many from parking there so they cant say thats why they have imposed the charges.
I can understand why you would feel aggrieved though as you paid he didnt but its no skin off your nose at the end of the day.

SMB

RMS Regular
Drives
A4 Avant
I had quite a funny one involving a bike!! I left the building, paid for me ticket etc... When I was at the barrier I put in me ticket and the barrier rose. Then as I was about to drive out a wee p***k on a scooter shot down the outside and the barrier closed leavin me sitting there with no ticket and a closed barrier!!!

Luckily I pressed the wee button explained to some voice what had happened and they opened the barier!

Pacology

RMS Regular
Drives
Fiat
there is a camera watching the barriers! although not expensive to pay for a full day paying £2.50 five days a week fairly eats into the funds! scooters, bikes both push bikes and motor bikes, dont have to pay as when they go up to the barrier and push the button it says;

'No Vechical Present'

i think this is so that a random person cant get a ticket and then not have to pay as you get the 1st half hour free lol

well for sum really!!! and bikes cnt exactly be clamped! i wasnt to happy to see my car clamped; i told the nerd that was taking it off that there were a number of cars parked in the same manor as me in the front car park to which i got a repsonse

'We have no clamps left'

clearly unjustifiable!!!! dont have enough spaces to facilate the students that attend and dont have enough clamps to clamp those who break their 'laws'!!!

And having to pay £50 to get it removed is quite a big amount! I think its a disgrace really!! they give you a student loan and take it off you any way possible!

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
Two words for you all.............

Public Transport!!!!!!!!!!!

ps....the problem isnt helped by people who live in Jordanstown Village driving to uni instead of walking!!

Another solution...get up earlier like old Lyons-o....who i see most mornings scuttling along the Shore Road to guarantee a decent, safe parking location!!!

suckindiesel

RMS Regular
OP
suckindiesel
Drives
A6 Allroad
as it happens my parking ticket wasn't signed by anyone - i phoned - im not paying it! yippeee.

ossy2004

RMS Regular
Drives
R33 / V70
andy_gdon said:

Public Transport!!!!!!!!!!!

lol YEAH PAUL get 2 taxis like i do, alot cheaper and qiucker!! sayin that, im gettin lift of mate jamesy from next money...yeooooo :party:

ossy2004

RMS Regular
Drives
R33 / V70
r u jokin? was considerin this myself but realised how car it is esp in these cold mornings which would make it feel like days when riding on a bike

Pacology

RMS Regular
Drives
Fiat
a bike pmsl!!! yea sure andy why dont u cycle to skool 8) lol!!!

glad to hear you got off that fine lad well done ;)

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
andy_gdon said:

Public Transport!!!!!!!!!!!!

two words for you; shut up.

andy_gdon said:
Another solution...get up earlier like old Lyons-o....who i see most mornings scuttling along the Shore Road to guarantee a decent, safe parking location!!!

indeed i am a model to society + am happily parked in my safe space by 8.25 :laughing:

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
witness my first clamping of the term! week 5 and they finally get their act together - seem to be a few others getting done 2day :imp:

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
4months later lol

get a flipping parking pass and get in early

im surprised this year anyway with the amount of free spaces :eek:

tim

RMS Regular
suckindiesel said:
Parked this morning on 'Gleneden Park' (its first road on left past the Jtown Rd entrance to university)
I fecking hate people that park there! makes it ten times harder (Slower) to get into the street! All I will say is unlucky mate for the ticket, but you should of known better.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I agree. When turning off the J'town road, you usually have to stop immediately to let someone else come throught the gap.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.