Paying for a car over 10k

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
Just bought an E92 M3 from a private seller.

Whats the best way to get the money to him with the least hassle.

If I use cash I need to order it from the bank and give 2 days notice, and I think transferring using my phone may raise a flag and the bank block the transction - I think the bank have a £10k limit on online transfers.

Any help would be appreciated.

richie_mck

RMS Regular
Just bought an E92 M3 from a private seller.

Whats the best way to get the money to him with the least hassle.

If I use cash I need to order it from the bank and give 2 days notice, and I think transferring using my phone may raise a flag and the bank block the transction - I think the bank have a £10k limit on online transfers.

Any help would be appreciated.

With regard to the bank blocking a large sum you can ring them before hand and say you'll be transferring x amount so they are aware and don't block it.

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Just pay using multiple transfers £10k or under. Ensure seller can take faster payments and inform your bank of your plans, job jobbed.

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
OP
AlpineF30
Drives
BMW M3
Cheers everyone :grinning: Not picking the motor up until the weekend so will ring Nationwide so they know the score

Thanks

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I had a handlin' last week. I recently moved to M&S bank and they have a daily limit of £10k. Ended up having to get my mother in law to transfer the rest as I couldn't sort anything else. So just check with your bank.

I used Santander and Halifax before and never had a bother with limits.

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
OP
AlpineF30
Drives
BMW M3
I had a handlin' last week. I recently moved to M&S bank and they have a daily limit of £10k. Ended up having to get my mother in law to transfer the rest as I couldn't sort anything else. So just check with your bank.

I used Santander and Halifax before and never had a bother with limits.

See that's my worry I am with Nationwide, I know there is a £10k limit but not sure if its a 10k per day or 10k per transaction

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
See that's my worry I am with Nationwide, I know there is a £10k limit but not sure if its a 10k per day or 10k per transaction

I know Danske are £10k per transaction, so you can do as many as you like. Just be sure to speak to them beforehand so their system doesn't apply an automatic block when the first batch goes out.

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
OP
AlpineF30
Drives
BMW M3
Mine was per day. Its an easy question to find out!

I would assume that means £10,000 per transaction

Capture.PNG

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Check also that the recipient can receive fast payments at their bank. Hard as it is to believe, my family's garage had to make a payment to Hursts recently for a vehicle and were told they can't accept fast bank payments (!). Took a few days to go through!!

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
OP
AlpineF30
Drives
BMW M3
Just got off the phone to him, He said his bank is Danske. Anybody know if they can recieve faster payments?

Cro

RMS Regular
Guy I bought the gtr off would only accept a bankers draft, PITA but got it written, brought with me, given to him and put into the bank there and then

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Guy I bought the gtr off would only accept a bankers draft, PITA but got it written, brought with me, given to him and put into the bank there and then

Went to Glasgow for my Z4MC many years ago, seller asked for a bankers draft. Landed over and he informed me he wouldn't take one, some friend had told him that he'd heard of fake Northern Bank drafts!

Ended up having to get my Mum to do two faster payment transfers for the money, she had to go into the bank to get them to help.....bless her, she thought she was never getting that money back! Lol