PC ,Porter cable polisher importing guide

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Martyn

RMS Regular
OP
Martyn
You can use it for day to day polishing and waxing...

Ruth

RMS Regular
yip although id say if you were polishing it "day to day" lenny ud have no paint left lol. U can apply glazes, sealants and hard waxes with a pc! Also mf bonnets to remove but theyre not much craic.

brisa

RMS Regular
Drives
eunos roadster \
Ordered late thursday night and arrived today. Impressive turn around for yankee doodle land!

Go away rain, i want to play!

Ruth

RMS Regular
Ordered a pc etc from autopia on friday night the other week, it arrived on the tuesday morning! very impressed!!

Ruth

RMS Regular
you'd need an extension lead too... id also order a load more pads whilst ur at it

p 5ary

RMS Regular
what is the going rate to get someone to do it for you, ill supply the beers, really do we all need a pc thing each, NI isnt that big lol?? surely you do it once and keep the coats on top of it???

ps great thread and very helpful(y) (y) (y)

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Right, i would class myself as a fairly competent person:innocent: , so realistically if i get a PC am i likely to wreck the car + take too much off, or is it really rather straight forward?

It would seem far handier to get a PC myself, rather than having to run over to Martyn's everytime a new scratch appears.

Martyn

RMS Regular
OP
Martyn
Just buy one Ian! There are a few good video's on youtube,

Watch them first!

damientt

Drives
Supra TT
I'm going to but one of these from Autopia. Anyone else want to buy one and share the delivery charge?

sideways/always

RMS Member
Drives
R33GTR/AE86/EVO7
cheers ruth worked a treat ordered last night. Think i will still be keeping my rotary for a spare just incase.

Tricky Dicky

RMS Member
Drives
Big White 110ft.
Porter Cable Polisher

Hi guys , have just ordered myself a PC + a few extras from Autopia 2nite ;) It's been a while since anyone has posted about them, so I hope those that bought them previously are still using them !! :worried: Bye the bye is it not possable to buy a Transformer + Extension lead locally in NI
Cheers

-Pete-

RMS Regular
course it is. just go to a builders merchants to buy them or the likes of screwfix online etc

Tricky Dicky

RMS Member
Drives
Big White 110ft.
Pc

Thanks Guys :- B&Q Prices 750 Va Tranny £59
Ext. Lead £9:49
2 Plugs £7:00
If you know a Coffin Dodger 10% off on a Wednesday
Cheers

Taz007

RMS Regular
Drives
E92
anyone got the new meguires g220 yet? any views on it compared to the machines autopia would have? also the megs one has uk spec plugs so no need for transformer etc

Neil_M

RMS Regular
Taz the reviews seem to say its better than the Porter Cable and the Ultimate Detailing Machine.

I was going to ge the UDM, heard a few horror stories about it then its been taking ages for the uk model to be available.

www.detailingworld.co.uk should provide all the info you need sir!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.