People who can't park their fingers up their hole's thread..

ChrisR

RMS Regular
Drives
MK3 Leon 1.4tsi
hmm, if the right lane is the same direction as the left, which looks like, as per car in right lane, take its a one way street ?
those carparks are angled the wrong way
should drive into the space, then reverse out, not drive past space then reverse in
the lack of road signs and road markings in this country is unreal, still with the horse and cart lol

they ruined lurgan town centre, they took away the car park spaces in the center of town, and instead of the original right angle/straight horizontal, now have parallel, so removed about 40 spaces, in that short bit,
its the only thing lurgan had going for it, to get people into the shops, as lurgan people are way too lazy to walk from the carparks outside the town main road,
should have just put angled parks in, as are the easiest to get in and out of, compared to right angle/horizontal and parallel, paper pushers

Wouldn't work due to the amount of traffic swapping lanes etc. The spaces are really big (wide and long) so there is no reason why you cannot reverse in successfully on the 1st attempt.

Its a very rare occasion that I would drive into a space. I always prefer to reverse in and drive out.

M4TT

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI Mk7.5
I don't often get annoyed by idiot parking but this absolutely infuriated me.
IMG_1935.JPG

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Yeah but it's not normal way to have angled parking

Maybe not normal but it works. Been that way for as long as I can remember and 99.999% of people get it. As stated the spaces are huge and really really easy to reverse in to first time. I park there a few times a year and it's about the only place where I don't look for and end of the row spot due to the size of the spaces.

I saw a woman yesterday contemplating how she was going to get out as she had driven in nose first. By reversing in it also means that you are not stood with you back to traffic loading stuff into your boot, you're safely sold on the footpath.

I personally think they some of the best designed spaces around.

Dan

RMS Regular
Maybe not normal but it works. Been that way for as long as I can remember and 99.999% of people get it. As stated the spaces are huge and really really easy to reverse in to first time. I park there a few times a year and it's about the only place where I don't look for and end of the row spot due to the size of the spaces.

I saw a woman yesterday contemplating how she was going to get out as she had driven in nose first. By reversing in it also means that you are not stood with you back to traffic loading stuff into your boot, you're safely sold on the footpath.

I personally think they some of the best designed spaces around.

Seen a good few eejits drive into those angled spaces in the past. Up the road to Francis St has non angled spaces and its a nightmare to get in and out of as they are so tight and have 2 lanes of traffic driving past lane swapping. Ards is shocking for driving ability.

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
This absolute moron in the golf pulled in and parked here. Aside from his shambolic parking, he also made a good job of dinging the doors of the blue focus
IMG_4631.JPG

stevensti

RMS Regular
Drives
slowly
The box lorry in the corner of the second photo is actually covering two spaces opposite it. Unreal for a bit of free parking.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Max one hour stay now. I've seen his motor abandoned on the Lisburn road a couple of times too.