Petes 636 Ninja - New swingarm time!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Bono872

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi
Only seeing this now Pete since you took it off for winter- HOLY CRAP

DSC_0246copy.jpg

That is mean as hell! Get the wheels sorted and I'll happily give you a Darth Vader sticker :p. Lovin' it Pete (y) BTW Catchup needed soon, Needa get on AON and see whats happening

Souleh

RMS Regular
OP
Souleh
Drives
Astra coupe / ZX
Had a long but fun weekend :grinning:

Swapped the swing arm
Completely stripped and rebuilt the calipers (Much better..!)
New fast idle cable as mine came seized (Same as every B1H it seems ..!)
New shock

DSC_0220.jpg

DSC_0221.jpg

DSC_0222.jpg

DSC_0224.jpg

DSC_0226.jpg

DSC_0239.jpg

One from bangor yesterday

DSC_0134.jpg

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Looking good mate :grinning: Bet you loved passing all that traffic on the way home yesterday!!!

Still have your Showerks goodie bag an all, so i'll bring it up to college with me when we're back :grinning:

Souleh

RMS Regular
OP
Souleh
Drives
Astra coupe / ZX
Musta saved me about an hour if not more - Was crazy the whole way up the carriageway!

No bother filtering except 1 grumpy old man no wanting anyone getting home quicker than him! Dead on (y) Managed to pass my gf on the way back who left an hour before me

Forgot all about that pack too, cheers!

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
After taking my recent interest in bikes again i thought id have a nosey at yours, a ZX636 seems like the perfect option for me... lovely bike this.. swinging arm and the complete stealth package looks great.

Souleh

RMS Regular
OP
Souleh
Drives
Astra coupe / ZX
If youre ever round Co.Down give me a bell and youre free to have a nosey or a go on it if youre confident enough (y)

Few bits since last post;

Radial Master Cylinder upgrade, Nissin MC from ZZR1400

11052011374.jpg

DSC_1024.jpg

DSC_1002.jpg

Almost 100% happy with front brake setup... :grinning:
It does stop pretty well though mind you

Mmm carbon!

DSC_1037.jpg

DSC_1041.jpg

DSC_1040.jpg

DSC_1051.jpg

DSC_1058.jpg

DSC_1070.jpg

DSC_1081.jpg

Plenty more to come

Lee A

RMS Regular
Drives
Accord types k24
Looks great that. Is this your first bike from passing your test ?

Lee A

RMS Regular
Drives
Accord types k24
Looks like a toy compared to the kwak lol looking to get myself a bike but at this rate I may just wait till after Christmas

Souleh

RMS Regular
OP
Souleh
Drives
Astra coupe / ZX
That it certainly was. Build quality wasnt fantastic on it either.. :worried:

It was a mega money saver bike tho.. 130mpg all day long. More oil changes than petrol changes lol :laughing:

You may start doing your test now before youre forced to spend an extra 100-200quid next year by having to do CBT

Souleh

RMS Regular
OP
Souleh
Drives
Astra coupe / ZX
Check this out

254923_1589344874062_1849069020_1035319_975517_n.jpg

253419_1589389435176_1849069020_1035422_6186408_n.jpg

Will get more of them 2mro when clean lol. Loving the plates :grinning:

paddyh747

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 M3
Bike is looking awesome mate. Think im gonna have to get another one for the summer

Gibonz

RMS Regular
Drives
W204
Awesome lookin bike man, credit to ya. Carbon looks immense!

Got bitten by the bug myself, applying for my theory this week and gonna start lessons next month. Hope to have the test sorted well before 2012!

Have no idea what to get for a 1st bike when the time comes, ive always loved Ducati 748's mind you lol...

Souleh

RMS Regular
OP
Souleh
Drives
Astra coupe / ZX
Cheers guys

Few pics a friend took of his green meany and has mine in there

DSC02770.jpg

DSC02771.jpg

DSC02768.jpg

DSC02762.jpg

DSC02755.jpg

DSC02753.jpg

DSC02749.jpg

DSC02741.jpg

DSC02740.jpg

DSC02715.jpg

DSC02713.jpg

DSC02708.jpg

DSC02707.jpg

Sorry :p

Souleh

RMS Regular
OP
Souleh
Drives
Astra coupe / ZX
Getting some designed as we speak mate. Graphic designer gonna make a slightly more up to date twist on the whole zx6r/636/ninja badge :laughing:

johnm

RMS Regular
Is that wear line only half way down the tyre? cant really tell...:p

Both of them look great though, have to say I like it with just the kawa on the tank.

Souleh

RMS Regular
OP
Souleh
Drives
Astra coupe / ZX
i think your mates plate/indicators look better but still 2 nice crotch rockets!

Lol, spent my money on the big changes first. Itll come...

Tyres... he only picked it up on sat and his first big bike
Mine are a little passed it and ready to be swapped (4th rear this year!!) but the commute to work sure builds up some chicken strips alright :oops:

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
Pete can't stop wanting a 636 now... What year is your mates? I haven't seen many forsale over here :worried: did you both pick yours up locally? Where is best to pick up the tail tidy kit and the seat cowl?

Souleh

RMS Regular
OP
Souleh
Drives
Astra coupe / ZX
Pete can't stop wanting a 636 now... What year is your mates? I haven't seen many forsale over here :worried: did you both pick yours up locally? Where is best to pick up the tail tidy kit and the seat cowl?

Only seeing this now, oops

Got mine from dungannon and friends was in crumlin and both came with cowls and tailtidies! Lucky us..! Not too dear for either mind you, I think the cowl might even have came from kwak as a standard item before they realised they could monetise it.

After talking to a few peeps at kirki yday im bumping this, muaha. Few snaps too from the track yesterday!

Absolutely poured, sideways rain and sitting water (I can see why its called fishermans.. I just forgot my rod)

17072011456.jpg

Notice the lack of his right hand wingmirror, had an off at fishermans! Luckily no serious damage to himself or the bike - Weewheels on Nib - not sure if hes on here.

Waiting for the marshalls green light to let us out again

17072011459.jpg

17072011457.jpg

My lap timer says I was able to get a lap in around 115s - not too bad given the weather and dry tyres and my 2nd outing on it.

RMS_CLK

RMS Regular
Was gonna go a nosey yesterday, but the weather put me off and there was loads of racing on tv. Looks like you got the track to yourselves anyway.
You should get a set of full wets, the grip levels would amaze you, its like there is no water at all.
As soon as I get a bit of space to keep one, im gonna get a track/race bike. Some very cheap set-ups for sale on gumtree. Would love a go at the clubmans too.

Souleh

RMS Regular
OP
Souleh
Drives
Astra coupe / ZX
Would love a set of full wets tbh, need a trailer for the bike if honest. Annoying trying to cart all the tools down in a bag on my back!

Ive a spare set of wheels in the garage but need different brackets to fit as they were for the old swingarm. Would be worth getting built up to have wets tho!

At the moments its all a money game though, going back to my final year of uni next year so ill be a bit tight. Would love to race, maybe once im back working full time ill get a proper track dedicated bike.

Had some serious grip on the dry tyres mind you at the hairpin and colonials - kept the wolves at bay over the sessions! Couldnt keep serious pace through fishermans and the thousands tend to nab me on the straights but ive got great brakes now and can dive in late and take back some positions!

Debtors in the wet at 100+ mph is a mind game! The grip was there but its a bit different telling yourself to hang off a bike thats already squirming under load :-x

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.