Police Mess up again

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

2002 Tii

Banned
i wonder will there be any knuckles rapped for wasting public money for a nonsensical court case? :relieved:

Paul RS

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Don't be silly, the idiot officer will probably get a promotion and pay rise.

2002 Tii

Banned
Aye right enough Paul, it'll probably still be counted in the stations detection statistics :relieved:

4Motions

RMS Regular
OP
4Motions
Drives
Golf
As Bora Boy has said, the Judge threw the case out after seeing the evidence.

Some of the stuff mentioned by the Judge really put the PSNI too shame:

DISGRACE, EMBARRASSING FOR THE PSNI AND UNNECESSARY

He also couldnt understand why it had made it as far as the courts.

Rybo I just want to make this point.....I was being charged for Failing to Produce however I HAD PRODUCED IN TIME and the documents I had proved this. I want to make it clear, I had done nothing wrong. The police failed to not only correctly carry out their duty at the time, but also after when the documents where not correctly filled out and then filed away.

The officer who stopped me said in his statement after further investigation he also wished to charge me for "No Tax" or "Insurance". This point was brought up in the Court, because the Judge said if he had no valid tax why was this not correctly checked at the time. Im not sure whos fault it is for not correctly updating tax and insurance records but you really got the impression the officer was trying to nail me for all he could.

its all good in the end apart from the time and effort I have now wasted......

As well as the money the tax payer has had to fork out because of some ****** officers!!!

Next time Im stopped im going to write the producer out myself because the officer will probably mess it up again! Probably have to file it away for them as well! :p

LEGAL SYSTEM CAN STILL WORK!!!! :p

GrantR

RMS Regular
Just read this thread today and i'm glad to see that the only appropriate outcome was reached.

Great use of public funding to prosecute an innoscent law abiding citizen, pity this much effort wasn't put into cases involving actual criminals.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
So can you claim expenses for your wasted time, solicitors etc ??

And is the cop involved, going to be prosecuted for purjory, for making up stuff to try and convict you if crimes you did not commit ?

4Motions

RMS Regular
OP
4Motions
Drives
Golf
Thanks for the replies......Uve no idea how glad i am its over. :grinning:

I have spoken to the solicitor about compensation and it looks like the solicitors fees will be getting paid for now.....so im not out of pocket too much

The officer will not have anything brought againist him ^o) Which I personally feel is not right.

2002 Tii

Banned
The officer will not have anything brought againist him ^o) Which I personally feel is not right.
They are pretty much untouchable mate. When i was 16-17 i was arrested for something that i was completely innocent, despite giving them a rock solid alibi (was working in McDonalds, clock card and the whole staff verified this). Ended up on the front page of the local paper and was given a beating by the 'locals' over it, kicked to within an inch of my life and clinically dead after arriving in hospital. Even to this day people believe i done what i was accused of.

When my parents asked them for an apology, the response was that that it wasn't their policy to do so ^o). You'd think they might have after their inability to check out an alibi nearly resulted in someone's death... :relieved:

Ghost

RMS Regular
Thanks for the replies......Uve no idea how glad i am its over. :grinning:

I have spoken to the solicitor about compensation and it looks like the solicitors fees will be getting paid for now.....so im not out of pocket too much

Have you never made a mistake before? Im sure he didnt do it on purpose, but i find it hard to understand why he did submit a prosecution file when you produced on time :confounded:

rybo

RMS Regular
They are pretty much untouchable mate. When i was 16-17 i was arrested for something that i was completely innocent, despite giving them a rock solid alibi (was working in McDonalds, clock card and the whole staff verified this). Ended up on the front page of the local paper and was given a beating by the 'locals' over it, kicked to within an inch of my life and clinically dead after arriving in hospital. Even to this day people believe i done what i was accused of.

When my parents asked them for an apology, the response was that that it wasn't their policy to do so ^o). You'd think they might have after their inability to check out an alibi nearly resulted in someone's death... :relieved:

Well I have to say if this is the true facts, that is terrible & I apologise to you if was a police error that led to this.
I've obviously no idea why you were a suspect, or what grounds they had to arrest you, but you may have been named (wrongly) by a witness to the incident. In that case police are duty bound to treat you as a suspect until its apparent you weren't.
I also strongly against press printing details of suspects until they have been charged with an offence and appeared in court.

avo5021

RMS Regular
So we were right all along then in saying that if you went to court and provided the evidence you had the documents you would be ok...?

I feel for you in that someone co cked up causing you so much hassle, i agree you should be liable to recoup your losses at least as its through no fault of your own only donw to someone elses inadequicies...(sp)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.