Police Powers in NI

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

santoz

RMS Regular
OP
santoz
Drives
VRS, Clio 182
Well the judge threw this out of court, there is no way my mum hit the person unless she can teleport to a different road. They got the car, the road and the times wrong, thankfully we had independent insurance assessors and a body shop on our side though we still had to pay for our own solicitor and Barrister.

I don't want to comment much more on this as it will probably be going back into court this time with us as the prosecution due to the way the accuser and police woman handled themselves in court, making hand gestures and smirking as us.

Complete unprofessionalism on the PSNI officers part, thankfully not all cops are like this as had good craic with the cops over the twelfth when they were stationed outside our driveway and were very accommodating and helpful.

Tbh the whole case and the way it was presented was textbook insurance fraud, we've also had reports from our neighbours that a car matching the accuser was snooping around my parents house.

Just thankful the judge seen it for what it was and my mum isn't as stressed now, having worked with the cops for years she's finally realised that not all cops are good and if the cops arrive at your house or question you for whatever reason you don't open your mouth.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Said it many times, far too often the innocent party are the ones treated like the criminals.

The system is a disgrace...as are the people working within that system, basically criminals themselves in many cases through their actions.

If there was any sense of justice you'd now be able to claim compensation for monies lost as well as the mental anguish and trauma this has impacted on your mother.

That will be an epic struggle though.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
though we still had to pay for our own solicitor and Barrister.

This is the most galling bit...

The accuser, and in this case incompetent police (thankfully rare, like you say!), get their costs covered and not a blemish on their records.

But you (your mum), having been found innocently accused, have to cover your own costs.

That is just completely wrong!

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
That's the price of a justice system where the victims are guilty until they can afford to prove themselves innocent.

Not quite what I ever understood the word justice to mean

On the other hand....those spreading lies and false allegations, as it did go to court...surely there would be perjury or contempt of court charges brought against them for their nonsense ?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.