Power washer deals?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
Its only the cheap sub £100ish Karcher models that have the plastic pumps I think.

StevenMc29

RMS Regular
Tesco Antrim (and I assume most other Tesco Extras) seem to have a Karcher on offer atm. £99.99. Not sure what price it was before or what model but if you have one handy to you, it might be worth calling in.

Jim NI

RMS Member
Go for the Nilfisk (y)

Oh aye with Landrover being the pinnacle of reliability and that.

I was refering to durability and fit for purpose - However only those who have never owned a Land Rover would suggest they are unreliable.

cormac81

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
As above, Nilflisk all the way mine has been great much better than the karchers I have had.

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
Thinking of getting the Nilfisk 1800w .. Better value that the Karcher equivalent ..
Will need a new snow foam lance though as mine is currently a Karcher fitting ..

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
Cheers buddy got sorted .. Ordered power washer so just awaiting to collect it ..

dd-polow

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi A4 TDI
Karcher have recently rebranded their machines which now come with a slightly smaller fitting on the lances, so regardless ur foam lance wouldnt fit anyhow. In saying that im sure there is plenty brand new machines out there still with the older fittings.

The nilfisk and some of the karchers are now coming with their own type of snow foam bottle. Not like the old ones with the drip tube and low pressure soap, these are wee bottles that go onto the lance and the soap comes out at high pressure.. I have the nilfisk and love the results I get from it and reckon with the right product you would get a similar result foam wise. Obviously not as good but baring it mind they come free with the machine.

dd-polow

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi A4 TDI
here is a pic for anyone interested.

Attachments

• karcher.png
    karcher.png
    22.4 KB · Views: 57

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
No knowledge of that one in particular but personally I went for more powerful one as I also use it for patio / drive etc - not just the car. Also following some research I believe the plastic pumps in some models inc. lower powered Katchers cause issues hence I opted for the Nilfisk with the aluminium pump. Seems to have good reviews.

PacMan

Banned
Drives
Impreza
In the market for a new power washer myself, need an adaptor for my autobrite foam lance as well. I do believe someone suggested Davey at @Procar sells them for small money? Boydie

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
In the market for a new power washer myself, need an adaptor for my autobrite foam lance as well. I do believe someone suggested Davey at @Procar sells them for small money? Boydie

Yeah paccers so I believe but I want to know for sure that I can use my lance with a Nilfisk unit.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
PM Davey, im sure it wont be a problem for him to get you one that fits.

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
Cheers Steve

I am getting to trial the one above and will use the amazon price as a bargaining chip!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.