Project Defender 110

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

mcma1

RMS Regular
OP
mcma1
Drives
A Bull
This makes me a tad concerned about the tan :scream: now so sure the recaros suit it???

5FDED849-C920-42DB-9EE0-12FCFCE842FF_zpsbo4jppc4.jpg

mcma1

RMS Regular
OP
mcma1
Drives
A Bull
Just some more of the Ivory recaro,

0FCCEA4E-5AA7-4B29-AE0D-04298F9C2F5F_zpslw8rq0kx.jpg

Or

Tan on the dash, door cards etc, then the ebony/dark grey alcantara on the recaros but using the tan thread.?? Like this idea but not the brown centre.

B6D4DD7C-C015-48E3-85D6-D4C6BED31F03_zpseipeuvef.jpg

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
Black alcantara would be nice. What about the tan with tan centres on the seats and black bolsters? All leather? Ivory is a big no no IMO. Either tan or black

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
From the looks of that pic the back of the seats and door cards are also tan. It will break it up a bit with your colour coded seat backs and maybe a bit of black in the door cards too. That would be a winner IMO

Mark King

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
I still think tan,I think it may look better with the rear window guards off,as it looks strange with the different front end now.

Con S3

RMS Regular
Drives
RRS SVR
I quite the like the ivory if I'm honest but I wouldn't do the door cards or the dash, only the seats.

This coupled with maybe black alcantara on the door cards and sections of the dash to soften the overall scheme could work well.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
I still think tan,I think it may look better with the rear window guards off,as it looks strange with the different front end now.
I agree about the guards, but i think it's because the expedition roof rack is off it now, all went well together.

I loved it when I looked round it at the rms bbq.

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
Defo not Ivory. I cannot understand why people get interiors like that actually. No matter how clean your clothes are it just looks grubby after a while and require constant cleaning.
I quite like the tan really

mcma1

RMS Regular
OP
mcma1
Drives
A Bull
Well I will have to make my mind up later. The guards came off last night. It's all looks good this kit bolted on but most of it is pure crap, decaying, and just making noises. Since I took it off the thing is far better for the road. Back to the interior, I reckon the tan will get it, but probably as above split the seats ebony/tan, maybe even the perforated tan.

3F6536C3-9BCD-4385-AFF3-A1735A43D823_zpsnoz4vmyy.jpg

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Well I will have to make my mind up later. The guards came off last night. It's all looks good this kit bolted on but most of it is pure crap, decaying, and just making noises. Since I took it off the thing is far better for the road. Back to the interior, I reckon the tan will get it, but probably as above split the seats ebony/tan, maybe even the perforated tan.

3F6536C3-9BCD-4385-AFF3-A1735A43D823_zpsnoz4vmyy.jpg

Looking good, the power of the v8 would have ripped them off anyway :p

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
Excellent ! Take plenty of photos, will be great fun

Lol I'll see how it goes. I was looking for a 200tdi to just drop straight in. But 3.5 v8's can be got and fitted for 1/3 the price BLRC quoted me for a bare 200tdi. My father had bought the land rover and replaced all bushings, new brake lines, discs and calipers , new full suspension and a lot of other things underneath. Then poor health stopped him from finishing it. It's a clean body and chassis so it's a shame to let it go to waste. But I'll not clog up this thread. I'll maybe start a thread when I get stuck in then realise I'm out of my depth.lol

Dave..

RMS Regular
Lol I'll see how it goes. I was looking for a 200tdi to just drop straight in. But 3.5 v8's can be got and fitted for 1/3 the price BLRC quoted me for a bare 200tdi. My father had bought the land rover and replaced all bushings, new brake lines, discs and calipers , new full suspension and a lot of other things underneath. Then poor health stopped him from finishing it. It's a clean body and chassis so it's a shame to let it go to waste. But I'll not clog up this thread. I'll maybe start a thread when I get stuck in then realise I'm out of my depth.lol
As Chris says, take lots of pics each stage of the way.
Make sure you have a strong crane or pulley system for the lift.
I took the wings of my lr when we were working at the engine to free up some room.

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
Yeah need to get a pully system rigged up in the shed. Or find a crane I could borrow for a week or 2. I'll get everything gathered up then maybe borrow a friends crane and swap it all in a weekend then.... if it goes smoothly. I had planned on doing this last summer but building a house and wedding took priority. In the house and married now so my thought had drifted towards this again. Then this thread tipped me over the edge. Although my agri-spec 90 will never hold a candle to a specimen like @mcma1 110

mcma1

RMS Regular
OP
mcma1
Drives
A Bull
So the parts arrived at the factory today and i had a call from the main man Phil that I have been annoying for the past week, been offered the defender heritage leather now, it a Nappa almond and the centre of the seats is a perforated Windsor leather, so a tone down from Ivory. This is a heritage edition.

4F9668E9-C7C2-4AF4-888B-7DE2CC1FBAE8_zps4cbk8uur.jpg

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.