Project Defender 110

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Con S3

RMS Regular
Drives
RRS SVR
That's the job right there. That look great and doesn't have the bling characteristics of the ivory.

seaside-racer

RMS Regular
Drives
discovery & wrx
Just read the whole project and loved where it was heading, looked real purposeful. Are you planning to put any of it back on again?

mcma1

RMS Regular
OP
mcma1
Drives
A Bull
Just read the whole project and loved where it was heading, looked real purposeful. Are you planning to put any of it back on again?

No winch, I have a black Aluminium Hannibal rack which i may mount a Lazer light bar on but i am not rushing it, i was up and down the motorway today and it was the best it has driven since i have started. Also called into LR to help spec my sisters new motor so it was a good chance to look at the leather. Ivory everywhere. One almond which looked terrible, far darker that the pictures, and no tan to view. 3 SVR's all with black. I am back to the tan :sob:

EAF76A9E-C14E-4EC1-9B8D-B36D56108D98_zpslq9errny.jpg

mcma1

RMS Regular
OP
mcma1
Drives
A Bull
some pictures came from the suppliers today to try and help. most are ivory :worried: its an orkney grey 110, a bit lighter than my Corris Grey

testy_zpseve88za6.jpg

unspecifiedCAD049O8_zpsouj7rngs.jpg

unspecifiedCAISQ91P_zps7zcejewm.jpg

Rear_door_zpsku7pjzsa.jpg

IMG_5752_zpswp46pdbr.jpg

IMG_5772_zpssc4w3p4a.jpg

None off the Tan fitted, just the doorcards

IMG_3032_zpszs2x7yik.jpg

55b7d6dd-2250-4b59-b7c9-0bc438c77d8a_zpsi8g9vucc.jpg

Con S3

RMS Regular
Drives
RRS SVR
I take it back, the Ivory doesn't look great there and I think it would be even further pronounced by the darker grey on your 110.

mcma1

RMS Regular
OP
mcma1
Drives
A Bull
Yeah, I think I will go all black leather dash but with a bit of tan contrast stitch on the glove and dial covers, then all black centre consoles between the front and rear recaros with the tan stitch on them...full tan recaros and then split the door cards as above and if I don't like it I will just paint it all black.

Ant

RMS Regular
Yeah, I think I will go all black leather dash but with a bit of tan contrast stitch on the glove and dial covers, then all black centre consoles between the front and rear recaros with the tan stitch on them...full tan recaros and then split the door cards as above and if I don't like it I will just paint it all black.
that sounds much better tbh

I wasn't fussed on the ivory/white stuff before and those pictures sealed it,

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
That ivory is awful. Just goes to show that money can't buy taste, IMO. Tan for the win!!

EDIT:

Saying that, I went for the very tasteful grey plastic paired with slightly faded grey plastic for my latest purchase for the Ninety

20160629_183039.jpg

Last edited:

mcma1

RMS Regular
OP
mcma1
Drives
A Bull
That ivory is awful. Just goes to show that money can't buy taste, IMO. Tan for the win!!

EDIT:

Saying that, I went for the very tasteful grey plastic paired with slightly faded grey plastic for my latest purchase for the Ninety

20160629_183039.jpg

Do you write the defender descriptions for Hollybrook car sales by any chance! You should see how they can use some fancy words to describe a defender interior! No offence directly meant to them but you can't polish a turd.

mcma1

RMS Regular
OP
mcma1
Drives
A Bull
Starting to think i should stick to my original plan, all this contrast leather is risky, i change my mind like the wind and its too expansive to undo this one. @Con S3 you are going to love this lol.

These are my old SVX recaros the next owner had retrimmed.

F6EA70A3-D70A-4A0A-9037-43607D273DD7_zpszjztkml9.jpg

So i am thinking the same but with a contrast red stitch.

6DBE2A75-F5B6-4566-8EE0-56ED77BC8FFD_zpsphlyhmri.jpg

Markhall

RMS Regular
Drives
Ax gt, defender
that's perfect
I haven't liked any of the two tone full leather pics tbh
black and grey alacantra is hard to beat.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.