Querying an MOT decision

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

ToDoRon

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda CB500f
My car passed the MOT test with a bungee cord hanging from the rear suspension. Only found it when I heard rattling from the back end yesterday and checked thinking the suspension was loose..oh dear.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
My car passed the MOT test with a bungee cord hanging from the rear suspension. Only found it when I heard rattling from the back end yesterday and checked thinking the suspension was loose..oh dear.
Why was it there in the first place? You working at the brakes and use it to hold up a caliper?

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
I know a few fellas in Enniskillen Centre now, I seem to pass mot easier than I used to :p
I rocked up in the CSL once and pretty much every tester came over for a good nosy, they never checked the half of it and it passed no problem !

Best MOT I ever saw was in Cookstown. We built a few 300 zx's for doing shows in years ago and literally rocked up, the door opened and we drove straight though without stopping to the end. Asked to flick the flammer kit on pop a few flames and that was that - cert issued.

What was annoying however was we spent absolutely ages sorting fog lights and everything getting the bloody things ready !

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
So, just re-tested and the car passed. Asides from a good nosey underneath, I didn't touch a thing and even pointed out to the examiner that the dirt on the bolts etc is old and they obviously haven't been interfered with recently. Will be making a complaint tomorrow, the re-test cost doesn't really matter - it's the annoyance of jumping through hoops again for no good reason.
Did you not go and speak to the centre manager before booking the retest like I told you?

Gaz

This space available for rent
OP
Gaz
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Did you not go and speak to the centre manager before booking the retest like I told you?

I couldn't get hold of him at the time I tried and unfortunately with my MOT up, tax up and needing the car to go to donegal for work at the end of last week, I had no more time to faff about - it had to be road legal. I didn't have any other vehicle I could use.

Gaz

This space available for rent
OP
Gaz
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Well maybe he was with someone. I did call.

Gemma

RMS Regular
Mot is a joke. The fiesta failed on a few things, got them sorted, re booked mot for 10.10 am, the guy drove it straight through the centre, out the other side and handed the other half the pass without even looking at it, other half was back at his desk for 10.10 am lol apparently said to him 'I've my lunch to go on now , no time to look at ' or something along those lines lol

Reactions: Gaz
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.