Red Diesel Fines

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

marcusplowman

RMS Regular
Drives
Yes
The new bridge in Coleraine was always a favoured spot for stopping vehicles. Used to see them there nearly every week at some point.

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
I only ever run my van on proper white derv, but I've always wondered what the outcome would be if someone was stopped with green diesel from the South while driving in the North, or if stopped in the South with Northern red stuff??? :laughing:

My boss has 20+ vans and lorrys on the road.uses green diesel all the time.never been a tickety boo said to him

Peje

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI CS45
And they can take after you and stop you. If you say pull off down a road before you see them. They will follow and nab you.lol.

Has this happen to me once, i nipped down the street infront of a police checkpoint and into a driveway.

They came after me and cracked up, to this i reacted as you would. Get your car out of my driveway and f**k off. Nothing more was said as it actually was my house (y)

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
The fine's the same for green. It was a loop hole for a long time that's since been closed.

I've only ever seen dippers once... near Newry about 7 year ago.

Karlos Da Jackle

RMS Regular
Drives
PUG 306+GSI CARL
Has this happen to me once, i nipped down the street infront of a police checkpoint and into a driveway.

They came after me and cracked up, to this i reacted as you would. Get your car out of my driveway and f**k off. Nothing more was said as it actually was my house (y)

LOL, but if you car is taxed, they can go onto to your property and dipp the fecker. Customs have awesome powers mate.

They don't even have to see you drive the car on the road.

_ZS_

Drives
Mondeo, i30, MF1
They dip quite often at the DOE weighbridge on Corporation St, at Mallusk, under the railway bridge coming out of Antrim towards the Ballymena roundabout. Also at the weighbridge outside Maydown Station in Legenderry.

Peje

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI CS45
LOL, but if you car is taxed, they can go onto to your property and dipp the fecker. Customs have awesome powers mate.

They don't even have to see you drive the car on the road.

Lol it was just an average checkpoint and it wasn't a derv I was drivin

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
The fine's the same for green. It was a loop hole for a long time that's since been closed.

I've only ever seen dippers once... near Newry about 7 year ago.

green's still 250 for first offence last i was told ?

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
I have only ever seen them dipping once at Sprucefield about 5 years ago.

What I am wondering is if you had a car of say £2-300 in value and ran it on the raspberry, surely the grand total of savings in a years driving would outweigh the fine.

I run legal diesel in the passat, my conscience wouldnt let me run anything else, but I have stuck a few litres of red through it when i ran out at my parents house last year, im guessing they arent going to hunt you down for the sake of 5 litres. What does intrigue me though is when you see guys (and girls) filling their cars up at the red pump, dandering in to pay as if nothing was wrong with it. Is it something that is just bred into certain people (ie farmers and culchies)

A local petrol station to me is mixing their diesel with chip fat or something equally as crap. When i last blew the turbo you could smell the chip shop scents and the car (prior to blowing the turbo) was much harder to start than normal. How do these guys get away with doing that and charging standard derv prices

Bryan

RMS Regular
A local petrol station to me is mixing their diesel with chip fat or something equally as crap. When i last blew the turbo you could smell the chip shop scents and the car (prior to blowing the turbo) was much harder to start than normal. How do these guys get away with doing that and charging standard derv prices

Don't get me started on Maxol B5 diesel. 95% diesel and 5% bio but yet 100% diesel price. If I drive into a Maxol station that only has B5 I'll just drive out again and stop at the next station.

c11ris

RMS Regular
Drives
MK5GTI/MK2GTI
The police/customs dip around the newry/armagh area all the time. Red must be more prominant around the border and its definately more common in the country I know a bodyman who used to spray fuel lines so you couldnt see the red running into the engines.. lol.

I was also told a long time ago that if you pumped red up through cat litter whatever reaction takes place the red die was removed. May be an old country tale but can anyone verify this?

Karlos Da Jackle

RMS Regular
Drives
PUG 306+GSI CARL
The police/customs dip around the newry/armagh area all the time. Red must be more prominant around the border and its definately more common in the country I know a bodyman who used to spray fuel lines so you couldnt see the red running into the engines.. lol.

I was also told a long time ago that if you pumped red up through cat litter whatever reaction takes place the red die was removed. May be an old country tale but can anyone verify this?

The spraying of the fuel lines, if anything will only delay the process by all of a few minutes. Customs usually dipp the tank, and see there. Then if they can't get at the tank they'll go under the bonnet.

Que Stevie to argue how he'd want a qualified mechanic then if they were to be tampering with anything like fule filter/pump, or under his hood,lol.

The kitty litter, I believe to be kind of correct, think it's a lot more than kitty litter required for the process. But it is one of teh ingredients. But remember reading of a site in coleraine, which is being cleaned up, because of a lot of kitty litter that was used in fuel laundering was dumpoed theer.

There was also the old put charcoal in red diesel to take out the dye.

But the process I believe are a little more complicated, maybe not much, but i know i wouldn't be stading there pouring 5 gallons of red through a bag of kitty litter, to try get it clear,lol.

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
A visitors tour round half of the mushroom sheds in Armagh would soon tell you all the ingredients required to "clean" diesel

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.