Renault Dci Engine Problem

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Ge0rge

Banned
OP
Ge0rge
got this from diagnostic....

DF137 RAIL PRESSURE REGUALTION FUNCTION,
PRESSURE >MAXIMUM

anyone any ideas?

Richy

RMS Regular
Drives
E55
Pumps give ALOT of bother on these, and the fuel injectors. I know this because I sell ALOT of them.

Some serious mechanic willy waving going on in this thread.

Ge0rge

Banned
OP
Ge0rge
so whats my next move is there anyway i can test the pump or fuel injectors on my own without taking the car somewhere and getting robbed?

whyme?

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk IV Golf
You need to unclip the tiny return pipes off of the top of all four injectors and attach clear pipe to the top of each of the and run them into small coke bottles. Clamp the leak of pipes just before the first injector. Then turn the engine over and look if any fuel is coming out of the injectors. One will probably be leaking off significantly more than the rest

Ge0rge

Banned
OP
Ge0rge
been told now that its possibly the starter the only code its throwing up is the DF137 one which is the fuel pressure maximum one i have a theory that eve though the starter is turning the engine it is not turning it with enough power to start the engine and while the engine is turning over the diesel pressure becomes maximum and throws up that fault code? the reason i think that is when its turning over after a few seconds the red engine stop light comes on the dash(this is when i believe its throwing up the code of fuel pressure maximum)

is this possible ? i mean even though a starter seems to be turning ok is it possible its too week to start the engine?

Ge0rge

Banned
OP
Ge0rge
thread revival that thing was ripped apart a year ago......

and if you paid £1800 to fix a 01 clio you were done and your off your head, you could buy 2 clio s for that money.

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
thread revival that thing was ripped apart a year ago......

and if you paid £1800 to fix a 01 clio you were done and your off your head, you could buy 2 clio s for that money.

To be fair he wasn't done that badly, pumps and injectors and piping alone would set you back most of that.

Richy

RMS Regular
Drives
E55
I bought a dci clio needing a turbo once for £350, she was taxed and tested an all. Broke it, because it wasnt gonna be worth fixing it. £1800 to fix one is beyond stone mad mental!

Ge0rge

Banned
OP
Ge0rge
I bought a dci clio needing a turbo once for £350, she was taxed and tested an all. Broke it, because it wasnt gonna be worth fixing it. £1800 to fix one is beyond stone mad mental!
exactly.

mike mcnulty

Drives
renault kangoo v
i have a 2002 renault kangoo 1.9 diesel van,starts first turn of key when cold.drive 6-8 miles,turn off,wait two minutes,turn key,very slow to start,turn off again after a mile or two wait two minutes,turn key-no way will it turn over.wait 20-25 minutes,starts first turn of the key,wtf? we ran a diognostic on the computer-nothing came up.i replaced the injectors,starter motor,brand new battery,air filter,fuel filter,flushed fuel lines,checked for pin holes,compression test-ok,glow plugs-ok,but still wont start when engine gets hot! any idea's?i'm stumped.

Ge0rge

Banned
OP
Ge0rge
Diesel pump or diesel regulator also try the egr valve they are an absolute nightmare.

noLUCKcivic

RMS Regular
Drives
My Finger
i have a 2002 renault kangoo 1.9 diesel van,starts first turn of key when cold.drive 6-8 miles,turn off,wait two minutes,turn key,very slow to start,turn off again after a mile or two wait two minutes,turn key-no way will it turn over.wait 20-25 minutes,starts first turn of the key,wtf? we ran a diognostic on the computer-nothing came up.i replaced the injectors,starter motor,brand new battery,air filter,fuel filter,flushed fuel lines,checked for pin holes,compression test-ok,glow plugs-ok,but still wont start when engine gets hot! any idea's?i'm stumped.

You need to put more engine oil into your heating oil mix lol

Peje

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI CS45
hi folks have an 02 renault clio 1.5dci that has me puzzled, car wont start with the key it will just turn over however it will bump start and run and drive perfect with the least wee push, anyone any ideas?

any healp very much appreciated guys thanks

I had this exact problem before (two seperate occasions actually) on an 02 1.5dci Clio, both caused by 'sludge' in the fuel tank which had been sucked up when i ran out of diesel. The first time it wrecked one injector, the second time I had to have all 4 replaced.

The second time I parked on a hill for months so I could always bump start it, I eventually wore out the engine mount at the back of the engine and broke the bolt as the hole it fitted through turned into an obround!

Pete

EDIT:- just noticed the revival post!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.