Renault Sport Private Track Day - Kirkiston

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Harry

RMS Regular
Drives
V8
For sure! *runs out to throw floor mats, cd player, old crisp packets, bottles of water in bin*

Tim(e)

OP
Tim(e)
Drives
599/1998/2LTurbo
Regards

Michael Fish

3.jpg

PMSL....

Not a bad resemblance either....:p

Tim(e)

OP
Tim(e)
Drives
599/1998/2LTurbo
Pmsl...

Pretty sure our trackday next Saturday wil be something like this! Niki Lanik = Ace! He's one of the instructors in Round 2 of the scholarship!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ow92av1NavM[/ame]

Fantastic driving!

And another vid that makes me want a real cup car even more! Enjoy...[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDP0aLsSS_Y[/ame]

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Tim / Mrs Tim (V6 / 197)
Woodie (CSL)
Woodies mate (E92 M3)
Woodies mate no 3 (172)
Woodies mate Phil (EVO)
Woodies mate no 4 (Another CSL...how common!)
Amos (182 Racing Blue Cup Car...!)
Matt (Mk2 V6) - Paid
Matt's Sis (197 R27 F1 Team) - Paid
Fat Boy Slim (182 LG) - Paid
Darren (1.8 Valver) - Paid
Johny 52 (225 Meg)
Ian (175 dci meg) - Paid
John McAndrew (kit car) - Paid
Big Cyril (130i MSport) - Paid
Seamy (Westfield Megablade) ???

Are we up to 17 now Tim??

Ricky81 STi

Drives
Evo 9/Clio 182++
You have the car looking well AMOS, I'll have to take a run up and see how fast she looks from the outside for a change!!;)

C u there.

bob

RMS Regular
Amos that is one cool looking clio proper slag :cool:

Really starting to like those, have to keep reminding myself it's french!

RS Darren

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 530d M-Sport
heading home from work today, started to hear what sounded very faintly like a wheel bearing starting to go, decided to have a look after dinner, jacked it up, and there was a little play so got stuck in to taking it out, this was the result: :scream:

Image005.jpg

Considering the bearing holds the disc on which also acts as the hub to hold the wheel on the 16v, I was very lucky it didn't decide to go next Saturday on track!

so 2 new bearings and rear disc/ hub assemblies will need ordered tomorrow

grrrr french cars...

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
What's the entry fee for this Mr Knox...

Gaz

Tim(e)

OP
Tim(e)
Drives
599/1998/2LTurbo
Important Update...

IMPORTANT UPDATE PLEASE READ

Had a call from Richard today (Track Owner) to say there was a problem with Saturday. Heart sank!

Basically a Fiesta has totalled the chicane barriers at the south end of the track and as a result they must be fixed for a track inspection on Monday and this can only happen on Saturday and Sunday. :worried:

At this point I thought it was all over, but...

Richard says we can still have half the track whcih essentially means its a cart track and won't be as fast,. but it still means everyone gets out. As Woodie has noted it doesn't suit the bigger cars like his but its all they can do! :worried:

But the good news is he will do the day for £450 which is half price! :cool:

Now I for one and everyone else I know has been building up for this for the epast couple of months so might I suggest we all hang tight and still do it this Saturday? (y)

I have the photographer arranged - he works for us and he's Polish and let me say this his photos are works of art. He manipulates them in this super dooper program on his computer. He laughs in the faces of EVO photographers! :p

Richard has said that we can also have December 9th (Sunday) for the full day again at £900 so I am certainly up for going on Saturday for some practice and a bit of craic with everyone and then going again on Sunday 9th December! (y)

That means everyone only has to pay another £30 each for two full days racing. We can even make the 9thn a Christms event and cover the cars in decorations and maybe go out on the towen for crimbo diner after somewhere.

What does everyone think. Its not what we wanted but in a way its maybe a better result!

Thoughts?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.