Restoring dull cloudy headlights

Stu Beck

RMS Regular
Remember when doing this, use a UV sealant after because the film you removed is a UV protectant so you've basically removed it, otherwise it will/may ruin your lights as well as the hazing coming back after a few months.

10974186_1554334851487222_1164039765564483807_o.jpg
@NS Autocare where can I get this uv sealant from?

Matti_f

RMS Regular
Drives
van,Tucson,TTid
I haven't any fast cut etc but have poor boys ss3 would this work the same as its a harsh cut ?

Ghisallo

RMS Regular
Anyone got any views on the merits of Autoglym restoration kit versus Meguires? Both are £20.

Tomorrow I plan to finally get one or the other

colin84

RMS Regular
Anyone got any views on the merits of Autoglym restoration kit versus Meguires? Both are £20.

Do you have a drill? If so make sure you get a kit that uses one. I bought the maguires set which uses small squares of sand paper to use by hand. My lights were quite bad, and after a lifetime of sanding it made no difference at all. I ended up buying the Autoglym kit with the drill attachment and it brought the lights up like new in no time.

Ghisallo

RMS Regular
Do you have a drill? If so make sure you get a kit that uses one. I bought the maguires set which uses small squares of sand paper to use by hand. My lights were quite bad, and after a lifetime of sanding it made no difference at all. I ended up buying the Autoglym kit with the drill attachment and it brought the lights up like new in no time.

Yes have a drill, I will try the Autoglym.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular

We used to stock both, but now only have the AG kit, which is really good actually.

If you know what you're at and have the stuff though, some wet and dry sandpaper and a couple of grades of compound with a machine polisher and you'll get the same results.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
Sorry to dig up another old thread, but does anyone have any insight on headlight sealers? Mine are bad and I don't want to have them go back cloudy when I get round to cleaning them up.

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE

A bit late I know, but perhaps my feedback may help others.

If your headlights are in any way bad at all I'd avoid the Meguiars kit, I found it to be useless, I may as well have used a cup of coffee. Very minor difference in the Clio headlights after I used it.

I also used a T-Cut kit, again useless, worse than the Meg's kit, didn't do anything at all to the headlights!

The one I found that really cleared up the Clio headlights and brought them up like new was the 3M kit, by far the best of the three brands that I tried.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
I was hoping to just do it myself but if the UV coating is a balls to apply, I might have to do it that way. 8-(

RoniN

RMS Regular
OP
RoniN
What normally happens when the merc owner shows a friend the headlights restored and I then get a call asking if I can do the headlights on the friends car (mk5 Golf).

Before

20171106_124026.jpg

20171106_124034.jpg

After

20171106_130213.jpg

20171106_130205.jpg

Cheers