RMS Epic Workshop/ Garage Thread: Show me your bench/garage

ChrisR

RMS Regular
Drives
MK3 Leon 1.4tsi
So best to take the car out? :p

I was thinking about getting it done before I put a new garage door on so I don't have to worry about turning that white lol

Go for this approach :p

image.jpeg

gizmo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Vrs Octavia
Each to their own
But 2k would put up a bigger sectional shed that would last

MarkP

RMS Regular
Drives
zafira :-(
Any pics of the outside? Trying to convince myself to go for one of these next year.
Well after a bit of sorting and tidying up yesterday, I think I am all but done...... For now!

The only thing I need to take down from the store up at work is my diving gear. When it comes down and is tidied up that is me definitely done then!

All told I am very very happy with my wee garage. I have the whole thing built, wired, floored and have the shelves and bench put up for less than the cost of a block and brick one by itself.

if I were doing it over again I would put some self levelling down before the flexi tile. When the concrete base was poured the guys made it perfectly level, and it is...... But there are a couple of wee dips in the floor which aren't completely flush and it does annoy me a bit!

Would be very happy to recommend Marty @ H2 engineering in Coalisland to anyone.

Outside looking in
View attachment 123634

VonHaus shelving from Amazon
View attachment 123635

Sealey toolchest from @Woodcutter and VonHaus workbench
View attachment 123636

VonHaus workbench (tiled with a few off cuts of the flexi tile I have down on the floor, and my refurbished Record #2 vice (£20) from eBay
View attachment 123637

Strimmer and garden vac/blower hung up out of the way
View attachment 123638

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
Im pretty sure I recognise that reg from seeing your car about on the way from Bangor to Belfast sometimes - I'll flash in future :p (White Focus)

View attachment 125203

Cleared one side of the garage and turned the mk2 around. Thought I would get a quick photo of the two. 20 years between them, hot hatches of their time, but the size difference is massive.

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Im pretty sure I recognise that reg from seeing your car about on the way from Bangor to Belfast sometimes - I'll flash in future :p (White Focus)

You would indeed. Is yours the white RS? I see a white RS the odd time, YKZ I think is the plate.

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Yeah that'd be me, I've not been out in it much for a few months but always seem to see yours about when I am :cool:

Lovely motor, I waved at fellow ST drivers but I shy away of waving at RS drivers because I am just a wannabe lol. I will give a headlight flash next time. I am looking to buy an RS, went and viewed that one in CH ards, but it just had a couple of issues I wasn't too keen on. Also, I really want a green one.

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
Lovely motor, I waved at fellow ST drivers but I shy away of waving at RS drivers because I am just a wannabe lol. I will give a headlight flash next time. I am looking to buy an RS, went and viewed that one in CH ards, but it just had a couple of issues I wasn't too keen on. Also, I really want a green one.

lol I'd look at STs the same as an RS on the road, it's nice to see them in the middle of more mundane traffic.

I went to view one at CH and after phoning in the morning (Again) before heading up to view at about 10am, it was sitting inside their showroom with SOLD in the window, i got sent on a merry chase to look at a blue one they had but the miles were higher and it had a few things I wasn't too sure about. I'm considering selling mine at the minute but given the cost of them I'll probably send it to the likes of Hollybrook (or similar) so they can offer buyers finance etc (it's not green so that's not a plug :p )

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
lol I'd look at STs the same as an RS on the road, it's nice to see them in the middle of more mundane traffic.

I went to view one at CH and after phoning in the morning (Again) before heading up to view at about 10am, it was sitting inside their showroom with SOLD in the window, i got sent on a merry chase to look at a blue one they had but the miles were higher and it had a few things I wasn't too sure about. I'm considering selling mine at the minute but given the cost of them I'll probably send it to the likes of Hollybrook (or similar) so they can offer buyers finance etc (it's not green so that's not a plug :p )

Feel free to send details if you are selling, I wouldn't turn down the right car because its not my preferred colour. At this rate I am looking at going over to England. The one in ards is white, but just very unloved I think, and I wouldn't want to part with £20k with some of the issues it had, not major, just a handful of small things.

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
Feel free to send details if you are selling, I wouldn't turn down the right car because its not my preferred colour. At this rate I am looking at going over to England. The one in ards is white, but just very unloved I think, and I wouldn't want to part with £20k with some of the issues it had, not major, just a handful of small things.

If I do decide on selling I'll send you through the details no problem, it'll be me typically spending a small fortune getting a car running 100% then selling at a loss as always :party::party: So at the minute I'm man maths-ing my way out of making the decision.

In the meantime if you need a longer drive in one or help with anything like that before viewing more then give me a shout (y)