'ROAD' Film about the Dunlop family

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Hard watch, fantastic singularity of purpose in all the brothers and an inspiration for their strength of character.
Class.

dub

RMS Regular
Drives
Aero Wagon
Just got through this, superb portrait of a family so dedicated to speed.

Few tears too, hard watch.

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
What a show. To see the 2 young lads re-living NW 2008 was hard to watch, I didn't realise that they were both racing with their dad when he was killed, on the same track at the same time and to come right behind him straight after the accident must have been terrible.

I have heard some talk about Michael being a bit of a tube, never made my mind up one way or the other, but watching that would make anyone think twice before judging him.

Well worth a watch.

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
I think Michael gets the name of a tube because he doesn't change for the cameras etc, he just is who he is which is no bad complaint in my book! Youtube his TT press conference from 2013 to see how you should really talk! Sport would be much better if there was more like him if you ask me!

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
I think Michael gets the name of a tube because he doesn't change for the cameras etc, he just is who he is which is no bad complaint in my book! Youtube his TT press conference from 2013 to see how you should really talk! Sport would be much better if there was more like him if you ask me!

I met him after his superbike win at this years NW200 and he was brilliant, had plenty of time for fans to chat about his day and have pics taken. He spent a good 10 mins posing for pics, smiling away in all of them and signing autographs etc. I even had a tequila with him at the bar! :p

Cess

RMS Staff
He's a young guy who grew up in a media spotlight. He says what he thinks. And crucially, he hadn't his Dad there to advise or guide him around journos looking for a story. I used to think he was a bit brash, but he's just too honest and winning on motorbikes are the only thing that matters. I'm sure as he gets older, he will be a bit more guarded in what he says.

Jethro

RMS Regular
It was a super documentary, I thought that it would be hard to put everything together and give us an insight to their passion but it was done brilliantly.
My one long lasting memory of Joey was seeing him in the paddock at the UGP one year, as soon as he finished the race one of his mechanics lit a cigarette and handed it straight to him the very second he took his helmet off.
Very humble people, and that is what is sadly lacking in many sporting celebrities today.

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
Somehow missed this was even out on the big screen, was fortunate enough to catch an ad for it being shown on BBC on Monday evening and recorded it, watched it last night and had to hit pause 20 mins in to go get a tissue, tears rolled down my face in several places, what a show, truly moving.

T66 DNP

RMS Regular
Drives
320i M Sport
Just watched this tonight. Fantastic show. Well documented and narrated. Very emotive. 'Balls on the line' for sure. I remember Robert Dunlops accident on the TT circuit at the time. Was incredibly lucky ... at the time ... to have survived that one.

Ps...the Michael Dunlop interview above it funny as...no heirs and graces, just telling it like it is lol.

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
Spent most of the film with a tear in my eye. Just a great documentary.

Also watched Jackie Stewart: Weekend of a Champion. Also fantastic viewing.

Reactions: dub

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
90's Junk
Had me sitting the same way Pete. Such a humble man and a great family.

As the credits were rolling I jumped onto amazon and pre-ordered the blu-ray for my dad.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Got to see this last night as well, tears galore :grinning:

Was hard watching toward the end. Still remember Joey's accident. There was something inevitable about it then, and still is. It was always going to be the way he went. Robert's story is just as extraordinary. And as for the boys racing straight after their dad died, it was just such a Dunlop thing to do.

Out to get the DVD now, right up there with Senna (y)

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
Got to see this last night as well, tears galore :grinning:

Was hard watching toward the end. Still remember Joey's accident. There was something inevitable about it then, and still is. It was always going to be the way he went. Robert's story is just as extraordinary. And as for the boys racing straight after their dad died, it was just such a Dunlop thing to do.

Out to get the DVD now, right up there with Senna (y)

Thought it was miles ahead of Senna personally!

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
It is a great show. There was one on telly years ago about Joey and it heavily focused on the Armoy armada more, it also was fantastic viewing. Possibly online somewhere ?

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Yep, on my list of cry-films as well, right up there with ET and Terminator 2 :grinning:

Such a good film, and very emotional.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.