Road riders program

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Dusty

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda CR-V
Hi Folks thanks for the various questions - be patient and i will try to answer all the questions and if i dont just remind me.

@Dusty - since you have missed the local races to you, definitely try to go to the Armoy Road Races 28th & 29 th July - Sat is race day. You can get 'up close' to the racing and the circuit has fast sections, jumps, twists and turns with good viewing.

The process to becoming a Road Racer starts with being a newcomer in racing in general. All those who are starting racing need to go to the Training School which has 3 sessions back in Feb/Mar. These are partly classroom and being on track with the Instructors. The classroom part does not tell you how to ride (you should know that) - but gives the information you need when competing. ie what happens when you arrive at your first short circuit race, what is scrutineering and what preparation you need for your bike to pass this. There are talks on nutrition, your kit and many other things. The compulsory part is the Flag Seminar and Anti Doping Seminar (riders can be tested anytime).

Here is a link will give more info HOW TO GET STARTED RACING

When you race for the first year you must wear newcomers vests. You are given a card which should be left with the timekeepers at each meeting to get your results recorded and signed - you need this for next year getting your licence.

After a year or two when you have competed at short circuit events you can apply for a road racing licence. If granted, you then get a restricted license which enables the rider to compete in the Junior or Senior support races - up to 750cc bikes. The following year you will be able to compete in other classes.

to be continued................ lol

Thanks, some interesting info :grinning:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.