Roundabout lanes

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Oh yes of course, DOH :oops: Its a pity people dont indicate to the fact they are turning left however :worried:

whyme?

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk IV Golf
I see they have now painted arrows on the road at tescos in ards allowing you to turn right towards portaferry from both lanes. Finally a bit of common sense prevailed

Broomy

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk5 GTi
So after the police telling everyone they were wrong doing that (which I thought as well), they've changed it to allow it?

whyme?

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk IV Golf
Yeah. Left lane is painted for Retail park and Bangor, right lane is painted for P'ferry

Tinners

RMS Regular
Drives
Forester S Turbo
Yep they listened to the complaints, and changed nothing. So the roundabout will just be as hectic as it was before. Fail.

Reactions: AC

AndyG

RMS Regular
Funny that the police can hassle someone then the road service change the road not long after. Think the police and the roads service along with the dvlni should all go for a drink together and get their stories straight on a load of issues! But the roundabout seems abit better now!

Nigelo

RMS Regular
As long as they don't open up the other area for more retail space, and then change the directions on the road!

It'd be madness!!!

endofreak

RMS Regular
Drives
Triumph Speed Tr
So they are allowing us to turn right from the left hand lane, next they'll be allowing us to turn left from the right hand lane.

Rocko

RMS Regular
OP
Rocko
Drives
Pure Soul
I was literally coming on to update this now. Yes, you can now go to "Retail Park & Bangor" from the left hand lane.

AC

RMS Regular
Ridiculous decision, goes against the rule of roundabouts.

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Ridiculous decision, goes against the rule of roundabouts.
Well tbf, even though it may not be a common thing, you can get junctions where you could turn left/straight/right in the inside lane but only turn right in the outside lane. But generally speaking you're right, you wouldnt get this on roundabouts, but people were doing it anyway. Lets hope in the future when it does get all changed they put up plenty of signs warning the dopey ****s about though :broken_heart:

Reactions: AC

andy_mcc

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf R 7.5
Another roundabout that comes to mind is the donaghadee road roundabout in Bangor. As you are heading from donaghadee direction to Bangor town centre, ie straight across the roundabout, they have recently changed the left hand lane to left only and the right hand lane to straight or right. Wtf?! ******* caught me out the other day and had to go to the gransha road roundabout to get turned **** sake!

arewethereyet

RMS Regular
castlebawn is still a balls, i haven't been reading this post, so i'v been using the approach sign from comber direction to show it's after 12oclock, so i get in the right lane, then, as it is a right turn i exit left and filter immediately to head left at the next roundabout.
the big green approach sign still indicates after 12 oclock, but as i approached yesterday, there was a wee chunt(just happened) and 7-8 cars sitting in left lane, and as i moved to the right, i could see some writing protruding from under one.
i got a look at it later on, what a horliX !!! you just move right to go by the approach sign, then road markings tell you to go back again wtf!!

Ghisallo

RMS Regular
I find the road markings here are ambiguous, bordering on random. I think whoever painted them must have been too busy looking up at wee aeroplanes. To avoid incident, I would have thought that roundabout is only to be negotiated by taking the racing line and at maximum possible velocity.

arewethereyet

RMS Regular
bawn2.jpg

no matter what the police say, it's a right turn, and should be treated as one until all parties agree on a cure for it.
first way was complained about so was the new current set-up.

go back to 12oclock rule the way the law and highway code taught us, adjust the sign, arrows slightly turned, a red no-entry for the field and cross hatching to assist there is no left lane going round to the right junction(after 12 oclock) p/ferry road direction

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.