Someone To Remove Sheered Locknut

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Any recommendations for someone mobile to remove a sheered locknut? A colleague has a puncture but can’t get the locknut off. I’ve already suggested the DIY options but for convenience he needs someone to do it.

Car is currently in Dunmurry.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Thanks Darren. I meant to say that’s the 1 name he’s found, but there maybe aren’t too many more.

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy SpecB
Do the AA do this if you've cover? I know my uncle is one of their staff and carries tools to do it

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Glad I asked about this last week…

IMG_5464.jpeg

😭😡

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
I’ve heard loads of good reports with that Nut Cracker guy. My brother used him and said he was quick and not hard to pay. 👍🏻

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
There’s no number on it from what I can see, first thing I checked. Would be great to borrow a key to remove the other 3!

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
Aye, I’ve done that in the past. The probability of doing it successfully 4 times without damaging a wheel is low though!

Likely not an option for you Ian but I would be welding a nut to it getting it out that way. Tape up the wheel to prevent any spatter. Much less likely to damage the wheel then.

I couldn't see myself hammering a socket on to that and not marking the wheel in some shape or form.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
My father in law could do it, but I actually thought there’d be more chance of not making a mess of it by hammering a socket on. Will take a better look at it over the next few days.