Speed Limit on Dual Carriageway after Logans heading to Ballymoney

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

pablo

RMS Moderator
Can anyone tell me what the speed limit is here? I was clocked for speeding last weekend and the NIP says its a 60 but looking at google maps I can't see any signs marking it as 60, so it should be NSL.

Is there a temp 60 there due to the roadworks?

Darren91

RMS Regular
There's no dual carriageway from Logan's to ballymoney, only a climbing lane at dunloy crossroads which is 60. You probably got nabbed coming over the hill.

Nearest dual is at Glarryford then the next one further north is Ballymoney - Coleraine.

There is a temp 40mph from Logan's to Murphy's garage all that's changed.

Last edited:

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
I always thought it was 70 on a dual bit of road only when theres the blue and white signage present saying dual carriageway?

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Cant picture it, but I certainly dont recall any 70mph sections of carriageway on that road.

Edit- do you mean where the Ballymoney bound lane splits into 2, but the Belfast bound lane remains at 1? If so, its 60.

Darren91

RMS Regular
Edit- do you mean where the Ballymoney bound lane splits into 2, but the Belfast bound lane remains at 1? If so, its 60.

Dunloy Crossroads, still a single track road, catches alot of people out including @pablo :p

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
I was just talking to someone about how ridiculous a place that is to catch people speeding. I have never seen or heard of an accident at that location, it's a straight road and is probably one of the safest parts of Frosses Road.

It's purely a cash cow and I'd love to hear the PSNI's reasoning behind choosing that spot!

Were you much over Pabs?

RCT

RMS Regular
I was just talking to someone about how ridiculous a place that is to catch people speeding. I have never seen or heard of an accident at that location, it's a straight road and is probably one of the safest parts of Frosses Road.

It's purely a cash cow and I'd love to hear the PSNI's reasoning behind choosing that spot!

Were you much over Pabs?

It is a cash cow alright, but there was a fella Patrick, that I knew of, was killed at the Dunloy junction 10 years ago this year.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford

Were you much over Pabs?

It's only ridiculous from a road safety point of view. From a cash generation point of view it's perfect.

Create an overtaking lane where people will oddly enough, want t overtake slower moving traffic. Makes a perfect spot to then nab some people pushing over the limit ( strangely necessary, as so many ****ers who doddle at 40-50, as soon as they hit an overtaking lane speed up to 60 !!, then back down to 40-50 after )

It's the same there and the few overtaking lanes on the Glenshane. The cameras are always there to catch people doing no harm.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
The section leading out from ballymena to the junction at cloughmills is proper dual carriageway is it not ? i.e 70

stephen85

RMS Regular
Drives
Astra h
Nah, points.

I got nabbed there last year doing 88 or something

My dad got caught there last month and got offered to course, think it was like 78mph.... I was surprised it was only 78 and he did say he was braking when seen the police van lol

Darren91

RMS Regular
Be aware they sit both ways, one where Pabs got done and getting cars coming from Ballymoney where they sit in the layby on the left hand side just up from the yellow house.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Nope, 60.

Needs a central reservations/grass divide to be 70. Or maybe I'm thinking on up a bit - Frosses Rd

Yeh, sure it does have a centre reservation. Grassy bit about 3 yards wide going by "the big house" area. And from ballymena area to the big sweeping right hander has a physical barrier between lanes

therock

RMS Regular

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
see Im near sure there was a grass divide but can't be sure.

I thought I was mid 80s to be fair.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Ballymena to Glarryford junction is the only dual section before Ballymoney and is NSL. After that there is one or two short sections of dual towards Coleraine.

As for accidents at the junctions...if only the police would target those who use the junction in a dangerous manner, then some lives would be saved.

Instead the powers that be place speed cameras at ridiculous locations, which will do nothing for road safety whatsoever.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.