Speed Limit on Dual Carriageway after Logans heading to Ballymoney

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Andy044

RMS Regular
Drives
^^^^^^
just be careful about the central reservation....it has to be like the carriageway dividers on a motorway...solid rail or better...grassy bits don't count.
A26 from Antrim to Ballymena is a prime example...mostly 60 zone til you get to the newer bit at Pennybridge.

Em what? I was under the impression that it was a dual carriage way from Antrim right to the the Seven Towers roundabout
Therefore 70mph all the way, hence the national signs. In order to make a dual carriage way 60mph it must be clearly marked as 60mph as the dual carrigeway to newry is.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Part IV of Schedule 6 to the The Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 said:
"Dual carriageway road" means a road part of which consists of a central reservation to separate a carriageway to be used by vehicles proceeding in one direction from a carriageway to be used by vehicles proceeding in the opposite direction.

Regulation 4 of the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2002 said:
CENTRAL RESERVATION means -
a) any land between the carriageways of a road comprising two carriageways; or
b) any permanent work (other than a traffic island) in the carriageway of a road,
which separates the carriageway or, as the case may be, the part of the carriageway which is to be used by traffic moving in one direction from the carriageway or part of the carriageway which is to be used (whether at all times or at particular times only) by traffic moving in the other direction;

avo5021

RMS Regular
Em what? I was under the impression that it was a dual carriage way from Antrim right to the the Seven Towers roundabout
Therefore 70mph all the way, hence the national signs. In order to make a dual carriage way 60mph it must be clearly marked as 60mph as the dual carrigeway to newry is.
Correct - A26 is NSL which is 70mph on that stretch between Dunsilly and Seven Towers.

genman

G
well then quite a few workmates have a claim against the PSNI coming...all done for between 67 and 75.
Lots more have also been done for doing 70 on the A8 towards Millbrook roundabout in Larne.
70 is fine with me

tomah

RMS Regular
Drives
Acura MDX
Think it goes a bit further than that even, the Banbridge road in Lurgan is also a26.

So it goes through Moira, Magheralin, into Lurgan, left at the lights and roundabout and out the Banbridge Road towards Laurencetown???

PhilM

RMS Regular
its about the be made dual carriageway the whole way (the a26)

Phil

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6

It is??

avo5021

RMS Regular
well then quite a few workmates have a claim against the PSNI coming...all done for between 67 and 75.
Lots more have also been done for doing 70 on the A8 towards Millbrook roundabout in Larne.
70 is fine with me
Millbrook to Antiville, Antiville to the 40's just before Pound St is a NSL which is 70 in this case.

You wouldn't be prosecuted or receive a ticket for 67 in a 60 anyway.

Mel_45

RMS Regular
Drives
megane
Millbrook to Antiville, Antiville to the 40's just before Pound St is a NSL which is 70 in this case.

You wouldn't be prosecuted or receive a ticket for 67 in a 60 anyway.

Slightly off tpic, but do fixed speed cameras only work for traffic passing them, i.e rear number plates only?

Im in my 8th year of driving with a clean licence and thought I was in a 40 zone but turns out it was a 30, and just been told theres a speed camera on that stretch of road, however its facing the direction I arrived from rather than the direction I was going. be gutted if I get points and stuff now after 7 years.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Slightly off tpic, but do fixed speed cameras only work for traffic passing them, i.e rear number plates only?

Im in my 8th year of driving with a clean licence and thought I was in a 40 zone but turns out it was a 30, and just been told theres a speed camera on that stretch of road, however its facing the direction I arrived from rather than the direction I was going. be gutted if I get points and stuff now after 7 years.

What road ? there are only 4 fixed site cameras and they snap the rear.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Yup, heading out of Belfast only. You can see the markings on the road it references too. And it's always been a 30 there.

avo5021

RMS Regular

What road ? there are only 4 fixed site cameras and they snap the rear.

Fixed sites only get you from the rear over here, however Safety Camera vans are manually operated and could detect in both directions.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.