speeding on R plates

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

john1984

Drives
octavia
i was stopped by the police on the motorway doing an average of 91mph while on my R plates. They took all my details and said a summons would be out in the next 2 till 3 months. What kind of penalty am i looking at?

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Lost books I'd say mate, twice what legally u are allowed...

I'm sure one of the resident officers will be along to confirm.

Be prepared for 'many men on high horses' lol

john1984

OP
J
Drives
octavia
thought as much :worried:

is there a ban with that or can i put straight back in for my test?

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
Mate gone done doing about a 100 on his R plates on the M2, yes he was an idiot, managed to get his boss to right a grovelling letter to the judge, managed to get 6points so had to resit his test, no ban though. Oh he was in his R plates due to just getting his licence back 20 months before for a drink driving charge.

john1984

OP
J
Drives
octavia
Mate gone done doing about a 100 on his R plates on the M2, yes he was an idiot, managed to get his boss to right a grovelling letter to the judge, managed to get 6points so had to resit his test, no ban though. Oh he was in his R plates due to just getting his licence back 20 months before for a drink driving charge.

would i be best getting a solicitor then to make a case for me

did the 6 points come off since he done a resit or do they stay on?

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
I know someone who was caught on R plates doing 83 in a 30 and got 5 points and a big fine. Get a good solicitor!

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
Usually double the r plate limit is loss of the books. Mate got done at 89 on R's in a 60 and lost the books for 6 months.

Con

RMS Regular
Drives
JDM Honda Del So
Solicitor is the first port of call a decent one at that
I lost the books myself, back in the day

2 points on Rs for no R plate

Then Court for dangerous driving (sunday afternoon, country road left hander onto my road handbrake..... police around the corner) - reduced to careless 6 points big fine and back to learner

Over the year of being in and out of court for the DD got 66 in a 40 court again, at this stage was already on Ls took another 3 and points and a fine...... so 11 points on the Ls done the Test again the following week, done deliveries for a few years lesson learnt

never had a point since that was 10 years ago

Take it on the chin learn from your mistakes :sob:

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I got done twice for speeding within my 2 years and had to resist my test. No ban though. So you will need to make a plea that you require your car for work/school/uni or something to get off with just 5/6 points. Best case is 5 points, second best is resist your test, worst case is a ban as you were twice over your legal speed.

avo5021

RMS Regular
Boydie has it spot on really, best case scenario 5 points plus monetary fine... worst case R's revoked and back to Learner status...

I hope it wont be Antrim court you'll be in as the District Judge likes to make examples of Poor driving

john1984

OP
J
Drives
octavia
Cheers lads, think it might be craigavon as I was stopped between lurgan and moyra.

Can u retest straight away after losing ur licence or do u have to serve a ban, I'm all new to this stuff

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
Armagh is worse by far for young driver's get caught in tyrone and you'd get off with it no problem. Seen two people got caught one at 110 on a 70 off his R's though got 5 points, other at 127 off his R's got 3 month ban or something well under what he should of for the speed. Different districts have different views on it all imo.

john1984

OP
J
Drives
octavia
Armagh is worse by far for young driver's get caught in tyrone and you'd get off with it no problem. Seen two people got caught one at 110 on a 70 off his R's though got 5 points, other at 127 off his R's got 3 month ban or something well under what he should of for the speed. Different districts have different views on it all imo.
Will I defo be up in craigavon?

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
I honestly don't know dude, depends on them and what it say's on the summons. I know some summons have been sent out days after getting caught. Sit tight get on to a solictor and a letter or something from work signed up by the manager and owner or if your in uni the head of something and hope for the best.

john1984

OP
J
Drives
octavia
I honestly don't know dude, depends on them and what it say's on the summons. I know some summons have been sent out days after getting caught. Sit tight get on to a solictor and a letter or something from work signed up by the manager and owner or if your in uni the head of something and hope for the best.
The police officer said the summons would be out in 2 ta 3 months but never give me anything is that normal ?

Anto84

RMS Regular
I don't know what they will do to you,
but I got done speeding on my R's they got me doing 63 in a 40 and I got 5 points and a £500 fine.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
john1984 said:
The police officer said the summons would be out in 2 ta 3 months but never give me anything is that normal ?

Perfectly normal. You'll get everything you require through the post.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I got a letter through eventually, think it was june/july after being stopped in February to say my lisence would be revoked after the 19th or something like that. Had my lisence back 2 weeks later after completing my theory and test.

john1984

OP
J
Drives
octavia
Cheers for all the info and advice lads I'll let u know the outcome when it happens

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Get a good solicitor! A very good friend of mine got caught doing 135mph on the motorway on his R's, got off with 5 points but a hefty fine aswell.

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
He's on here too, but highly unlikely he will come out and say he done it. I seen his ticket and summons letter btw, no bull pooping.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.