speeding on R plates

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

avo5021

RMS Regular
He's on here too, but highly unlikely he will come out and say he done it. I seen his ticket and summons letter btw, no bull pooping.

He wouldn't get a ticket for that speed it would be straight to prosecution, he wouldn't receive any paper work until he got the summons package through the post.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
At 135mph you'd be lucky to avoid a stint at her majesties pleasure. No way would you get off with points and a fine.

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
Drives
Stuff
Cheers lads, think it might be craigavon as I was stopped between lurgan and moyra.

Can u retest straight away after losing ur licence or do u have to serve a ban, I'm all new to this stuff
I was caught "offending" literally just after moira heading towards lisburn and ended up in Lisburn Court.

i was within the 1st 2 years so only had 6 points to play with and the dangerous driving charge was seeing me banned. Summons came through 6 months later reduced to driving without due care and attention and judge gimme 5 points and few hundred quid fine. As avo says that's best case scenario.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Definatly wouldn't complain at that outcome.

The next 'fine' comes when you tell your insurance company.

john1984

OP
J
Drives
octavia
summons came yesterday (near thought it wasn't coming) up in craigavon court, does anyone have any experience from being up on driving charges there?

stephen85

RMS Regular
Drives
Astra h
Just reading this post..... Seriously wtf where you even thinking doing that speed with the R plates up

7E469D18-AC13-4028-B508-FD022E5BF7CD-16298-000005CA6FABBEB2.jpg

Dunno what you'll get but you deserve whatever it is for being so ****ing silly and keeping the plates up then thinking ill sink the shoe... ****ing common sense would have went a long way mate.

MATT93

RMS Regular
Drives
335d
I got a weeks ban and £200 fine for driving my girlfriends car from the gym to her house (with her in the car) only about a mile if even, sort of got off lucky I guess. Probably going to loose your licence I'd imagine

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
Just reading this post..... Seriously wtf where you even thinking doing that speed with the R plates up

Dunno what you'll get but you deserve whatever it is for being so ****ing silly and keeping the plates up then thinking ill sink the shoe... ****ing common sense would have went a long way mate.

I wish my weekends were as fulfilling and wholesome as yours.

DMA-46_MED.jpg

killerzkurtz

RMS Regular
Drives
07 cooper s
Unlucky mate! Think its a case of back to square one and doing the test again and all that bull crap
Insurance will be a nightmare
But hey you done it
Deal with it and start again
Hopefully it's not to looking before your back on the road

chrisni1986

RMS Regular
Drives
525 M Sport
i got caught doing 47 in a 30 whilst on my r plates.. silly boy and i was lucky to come away with 3 points and a 60 quid fine, i always thought anything over 90mph was your lisence regardless of how long you have had it. as mentioned the financial dunt doesnt stop with the fine you may get, i was charged an extra £136 when it came to the next years insurance renewal.. prepare yourself for the worst and just see how it goes is all you can do now really

Bronk

RMS Regular
I got caught doing 78 in a 60 on my r plates n got 3 points n £400 fine in court

Rover Repair

RMS Regular
Drives
Rover's!
i was stopped by the police on the motorway doing an average of 91mph while on my R plates. They took all my details and said a summons would be out in the next 2 till 3 months. What kind of penalty am i looking at?

I say you looking at this.....

tumblr_mh7cwo727J1ra4oseo1_500.jpg

....... we all did it ourselves on our r plates, but 13 years ago you got away with a LOT more, i barely speed now its too easy to get scooped anytime.

I say even if you get a ban and fine, id dread to imagine insurance for you when you get it again :worried: Unlucky dude.

PeteMoore

RMS Regular

I can recall many many occasions where I watched, took part in, or egged someone else on to doing much worse on their R's. We have all been there, we all learnt from our mistakes.

The only difference between then and now is a little more common sense and that at 91mph in grandads accord tourer, no-one looks twice at you.

T66 DNP

RMS Regular
Drives
320i M Sport
I can recall many many occasions where I watched, took part in, or egged someone else on to doing much worse on their R's. We have all been there, we all learnt from our mistakes.

The only difference between then and now is a little more common sense and that at 91mph in grandads accord tourer, no-one looks twice at you.
Thought exactly the same myself. I dread to think of the things I did when on my 'Rs'! Hindsight is wonderful. OP will just have to put this one down to experience (or inexperience as the case may be).

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
Unless it's changed, 20 years ago Craigavon were the worst. Hopefully for you things have changed.

mthompo

RMS Regular
Drives
Too much...
anyone that says they never done anything stupid/illegal on their R's are full of crap! Like has been said some of the things i done when on my R's was stupid sometimes probably dangerous, and that was only 6 years ago :oops: wised up greatly and use the track to get rid of most of my need for the speed now :p, anyway good luck mate!

When i had the mb6 i was awoken to a police knock on the door and told me i was getting done for dangerous only about 6 months ago, fairly shat myself even no i knew i hadnt done anything, turned was someone walked in off the street give my reg and said i overtook them on a blind corner exceeding the speed limit and losing control....fairly tore that to shreds considering the morning i was accused of it i was with the wife and son taking him to hospital, then to top it off when i was signing my statment i realised that the reg wasnt even right on the orginal statement ^o) lol like i said even though i knew it wasnt me i still filled the pampers couldnt bare loosing the books so feel for ya(y). Just learn from it take it on the chin and dont do it again lol....

T66 DNP

RMS Regular
Drives
320i M Sport
I didn't think anything like that would stand up in court, ie someone reported your number plate for 'dangerous driving'. Surely you could just deny it until it was proved otherwise?!? Who is to say that someone just has a grudge against you and lodges a complaint?

mthompo

RMS Regular
Drives
Too much...
I didn't think anything like that would stand up in court, ie someone reported your number plate for 'dangerous driving'. Surely you could just deny it until it was proved otherwise?!? Who is to say that someone just has a grudge against you and lodges a complaint?

well thats what did happen no evidence, but they have to investigate every complaint apparently, i had witness (the wife and son) that i didnt do anything so was never going anywhere because i didnt actually do it but yea.....complete waste of police time if you ask me

avo5021

RMS Regular
anyone that says they never done anything stupid/illegal on their R's are full of crap! Like has been said some of the things i done when on my R's was stupid sometimes probably dangerous, and that was only 6 years ago :oops: wised up greatly and use the track to get rid of most of my need for the speed now :p, anyway good luck mate

I must be full of crap then cause I can 100% say I've never done anything wrong on R's or anything illegal on R's . .

mthompo

RMS Regular
Drives
Too much...
I must be full of crap then cause I can 100% say I've never done anything wrong on R's or anything illegal on R's . .

You never sat at 50 instead of 45? Nothing like that? i dony mean breaking the soeedlimit by doing x2 of it etc If not well done cause I reckon most would have/did at some point during the r plate period :grinning:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.