Sub £4k 4WD car

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Stu Beck

RMS Regular
I used to knock imprezas but now that i have owned two and neither has given me any trouble at all i have become a big fan of them. As for VW, they are just a rep mobile. But on the bright side you can get a big sunstrip and make your bonnet rusty!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Went to see the Passat today. The clutch was very high and the brakes needed stood on before anything happened. Not sure if either can be adjusted, so thought it best to walk away.

Great spec though, and plenty of torque from the 2.8.

If nothing else emerges between now and the weekend, I'll go and see the Impreza.

Stu Beck

RMS Regular
I would say it would be expensive and hard to work on if something broke. I dont think you would be dissapointed in an impreza, but theres good ones and bad ones. One with a proper history and you wont go far wrong.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
My personal impreza adviser has already given his approval on this one :p.

The only thing I'm hesitant on is the basicness of the interiors, the toys are a major factor I look for in a new car.

I'm hoping the sheer driving experience will out weigh the lack of them but!

Stu Beck

RMS Regular
Mine is a uk wrx with prodrive pack and it would easily outperform a vr6 passat. 265bhp standard and alot more nimble than a passat.

Stu Beck

RMS Regular
Its very hard to find a classic now thats not rotten. I had an rb5 and loved it but it started to go at the rear arches and the problem is they rust from the inside out so by the time ye notice its too late.

Stu Beck

RMS Regular
If ye go for a classic check the rear strut housing. Hard to fix and they all go there. Would def advise ye to go for a bugeye or blobeye.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Don't think I could cope with a classic to be honest. Would be more than happy with bugeye, but would prefer a 5 door.

brendy

RMS Regular

jackie-chan-images_14807.jpg

Wha?? WHAT??????

Andy044

RMS Regular
Drives
^^^^^^
Id be wary off buying a classic unless you know its history or are able to go over it with a fine tooth comb and know all where to look. Bug or blob wrx far better value

Should I be worried now? :p

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.