Talk to me about Saab 9-3's

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Gavlar

RMS Regular
I'd a similar problem with him - engine management light kept popping up, fault related to the EGR valve. I took it up to him, and as has been said, it's not Newtownabbey, it's 3 miles countryside of Corrs Corner. He "diagnosed" the problem as the cooling fan pack - £300. I took gamble and threw a cheapy EGR valve on it and it didn't happen again. A mate in work swears by him but he's bought 3 Saabs in the past 6 years, so I wouldn't trust his judgement!
3 miles from Corrs Corner either direction is still Newtownabbey

purplea4T

RMS Regular
Thanks for the geography lesson, appears it's much needed, brings much needed clarity to the thread.

Last edited:

purplea4T

RMS Regular
I thought the 06 on ones were £500 like the 9-5 turbos, that's one of the things always put me off the later ones.

Boksic

RMS Regular
Take it i have to go to Nottingham to his place for a map? Picking the car up in Wales:imp:. Slight detour on the way home.

You might be able to buy a map off them and flash it yourself depending on who/what you know. Not as good as getting tweaked on a rolling road there and then, but still.
Another option could be post the ecu.

Or a massive detour, whatevers easiest!

gpaevo

RMS Regular
OP
gpaevo
Drives
Audi B9.5
Screenshot_2017-01-15-20-49-10.png

Pick it up next Wed

cormac81

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
The aero bumpers make them look so much better.

Have 2 genuine saab charcoal pollen filters here if you need one. Won't need much for them.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.