Wanted: bike upto £2.5k

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
HlGbnqSkTcSZkTGZODPxEw.jpg
NewDvat6TpufYm7vGO2ubA.jpg
oxTZf55GQNCwurYdfh1w.jpg

big-lew18

RMS Regular
OP
big-lew18
Drives
really well!
Went today and threw my leg over ^that^ R6. Didn't get a test ride, which was disappointing. Even up the street and back would have been something, just to see what position you settle into when riding. It felt decent enough sitting on it though. It has had a light spill though. Cosmetic damage to the fairing, bottom of the fork, casing and end can. Could be covered with bobbins on the fork and R&G race cover. Decent pile of recepts with it too. But some was for a 99 r6 and it's advertised as 2000. If the price came down a few hundred would be a good purchase. I've to go look at another bike some night this week though. When I was in kickstart today he put the R6 on gumtree so I don't think it will be there come next weekend

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
Clever, no pic of the plate to check online :mad:

*Don't know why TF people cover plates, it's hardly a secret...

big-lew18

RMS Regular
OP
big-lew18
Drives
really well!
I took a Snapchat do the plate. But forgot to save it. Did save the chassis number though. It seems to be a very light spill. But enough to make me think twice

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
@big-lew18 :

Honda CBR600F F Sport 599cc

Strong money for a 600F but getting one with this sort of mileage and in this condition is almost unheard of. Rare colour too (personally I think they look great in yellow).

They are fantastic bikes. Remarkably capapable yet very comfortable and easy to ride.

big-lew18

RMS Regular
OP
big-lew18
Drives
really well!
I was for going to look at an identical one in Davys Bikes last week. But it sold first thing the morning after he got it in. The boy was standing at the door waiting for him to open.lol. my friend pointed that one out on the way back from looking at the R6. But I'm unsure about the yellow. In the RR guise like @AndyG it is stunning. But not sure in the 600f

NotKG

Banned
just sold a mint wee divvy 2010 for under your budget and very low miles, a very under rated wee bike with more hp than bandits and sv bikes. it was gone in 48 hrs.
worth considering and very capable machine.

AndyG

RMS Regular
I was for going to look at an identical one in Davys Bikes last week. But it sold first thing the morning after he got it in. The boy was standing at the door waiting for him to open.lol. my friend pointed that one out on the way back from looking at the R6. But I'm unsure about the yellow. In the RR guise like @AndyG it is stunning. But not sure in the 600f

The 600F was what I was told to go for as all il probably ever do is just cruise about and it would be a lot more comforts but the RR defintely has the edge looks wise especially with the under seat exhaust and meaner looking front.

There’s a few nice RRs on eBay in England but maybe a bit over budget

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides

I’ve been in the same position and can understand why the RR is more appealing but having owned both I’d choose the 600F hands down (unless the majority of riding is going to be on track).

The 600RR is a great bike too but I wouldn’t want to have to ride it all day.

You’re perched on top of a 600RR whereas you sit in a 600F.

In the right hands a 600F will easily keep up with an RR.

AndyG

RMS Regular
I didn’t buy the RR for how fast it may be, it’s looks a lot better and even at 6 foot 2 I find it surprisingly comfortable

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
That 600F is sold.
Enquired about it myself today (even though I have absolutely no need for it) and he said he could have sold it 10 times over, which is understandable!

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
Just thinking @big-lew18 the brother in law has a nice K4 GSXR 600 with a few mods, fairly clean from memory, its a very very sharp bike too. He hasn't had it out for a couple of years, so I'm not sure he would part with it and would likely want a bit more than 2500, but might be worth a look if you want me to ask him?

Last edited:

big-lew18

RMS Regular
OP
big-lew18
Drives
really well!
Seen that ninja. Seems to be the only bike that goes up in price the longer it's advertised. I was trying to ring him the weekend of the bad snow but there was no answer. Maybe try again this weekend. That's the bike and leather budget blew out of the water though.lol

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.