What did you do to your motorcycle today?

Chris666

RMS Regular
OP
Chris666
Drives
Often
Little update, my beloved Tracer is away to a new owner. Pretty much done with road riding of any sort but might end up with a track or mx bike down the line.

First up is the purchase of a nice wee box trailer that'll have multiple uses :grinning:

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Fitting heated grips are easy, isn't it? Well, not really...

20231007_103201.jpg

Surely it's handy enough to just buy a replacement throttle tube? Ducati say no... Nearly £250 for a new tube and fly by wire system.

Picked up a CNC'd replacement that should be here in a week or 2. For anyone that has ridden a FBW Ducati you'll know there's a massive throttle gap and the CNC'd one takes out the slack instead of fitting the throttle spacers.

Will update when the new tube arrives,

cnc-racing-ducati-ride-by-wire-throttle-tube-sport.jpg

clrrk

RMS Regular
Drives
S14A
must say clrrk its hard work doing what your doing no wonder your fading away! keep it up!

It's tough going alright, but it amongst other things has got me in the best shape I've been in over a decade. People say that theres a want in us enduro riders because the more misery involved, the more we seem to enjoy it.

If anyone is interested in seeing what it's like I've just posted a vlog of my last race on YouTube...

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
25%of that was probably going home from MoT last year and going back this year 😳

Think I did just over 2k this year, but that was thanks to a trip to Fortwilliam and a trip to Kerry. Didn't get many ice creams in Newcastle thanks to this year's weather.

hannakournikova

RMS Regular
25%of that was probably going home from MoT last year and going back this year 😳

Think I did just over 2k this year, but that was thanks to a trip to Fortwilliam and a trip to Kerry. Didn't get many ice creams in Newcastle thanks to this year's weather.
Yea the 40 miles were mot
To home to storage to MoT 🫣

I’m struggling with time tbh. Weekends arent really my own anymore.
Use the Vespa for nipping about town and office runs.

Brian mc21

RMS Regular
Thank you. Slow enough recovery I feel but very fortunate to still be here and mobile as before. Going to see the air ambulance in a couple of weeks to thank them and make a donation. One of them things you never imagine you will ever need but I’m so grateful they are there. Them guys had me in a coma even before the police were at the scene. A new found respect for all NHS staff and the like.

mikey

RMS Regular
Drives
Celica
Thank you. Slow enough recovery I feel but very fortunate to still be here and mobile as before. Going to see the air ambulance in a couple of weeks to thank them and make a donation. One of them things you never imagine you will ever need but I’m so grateful they are there. Them guys had me in a coma even before the police were at the scene. A new found respect for all NHS staff and the like.
Maybe you answered before and I didn’t see it but what happened if you don’t mind me asking?

Brian mc21

RMS Regular
Came up behind a car so had a look in my mirror before starting to overtake and while looking in the mirror must have missed a car coming the other way and into a small hidden dip so I proceeded to overtake the car for the one coming the other way to appear. The verge on the opposite side of the road seemed the easier option so took that. Thankfully no one else hurt and I think I took the ps side mirror off the car coming the other way. No memory of it or a month and a half or so around it though it does sort of puzzle me having been back and forward past the site a few times as to why I thought it was a good idea to pass there but I guess I’ll never know.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Came up behind a car so had a look in my mirror before starting to overtake and while looking in the mirror must have missed a car coming the other way and into a small hidden dip so I proceeded to overtake the car for the one coming the other way to appear. The verge on the opposite side of the road seemed the easier option so took that. Thankfully no one else hurt and I think I took the ps side mirror off the car coming the other way. No memory of it or a month and a half or so around it though it does sort of puzzle me having been back and forward past the site a few times as to why I thought it was a good idea to pass there but I guess I’ll never know.
I hope you can get back on the horse again soon, although I know in my own case, from having just minor spill that I don't like pain and it definitely hits the old confidence.

Brian mc21

RMS Regular
Well my other two bikes are out of tax and mot so will get them sorted and back on. Want to make sure I can still sit comfortably on a sports bike. Mentally don’t see it being an issue but want to be sure before buying another big bike. To be fair I missed the major pain etc thanks to a combination of the marvellous drugs and the lack of memory. I always said before this the shock of falling off would be the worst but too much other stuff to even think about the shock of it lol.

Brian mc21

RMS Regular
You know the score as in I imagine most bike riders do. It’ll not happen to me is our sub conscious headline. Last day of March and still off work. Grade 2 brain injury, fractured neck, back , both collarbones, seven ribs, punctured lung, bleed from a gland on top of one of me kidneys. Ongoing at the mo. Waiting on an op on my arm for a trapped nerve, short term memory a wee bit hit and miss.something hurting in me knee and a decrease in tolerance and loss of taste and smell. I wouldn’t wish this on anyone. I know on the whole I have been very lucky but I think the fact I don’t remember any of it takes that away.

sam_9n

RMS Regular
Had a good run out to Newcastle last Friday with my mate on his Hypermotard. Roads were extremely greasy and dirty.

Done about 1200 miles since I past my test roughly start of September. Really have a hankering for a 765 Street triple or a Hypermotard.

IMG_1287.jpeg

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Thats one thing I don't like about my cafe racer, its a ball ache to clean if it gets dirty like that.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
I hated cleaning my bikes they were always bogging 🤣

Even my bicycle now is always stinking but they normally had sparkling well looked after chains and sprockets. The normal and engine powered ones.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Just needs a quick hosedown. Waste of time doing a full clean in winter.