What happens when...

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
At least then if several years NCB were built up prior to the incident, it would somewhat reduce the extortionate amount you'd be quoted after the ban is up.

alan273

Agree Cyril, they’ll wanta know why lost the books. Think you can hold your NCB for 2years, so I hear?

Is there not a course you can go on now to get the books back quicker? Heard a friend talking about it for a guy done for DUI could get license back after only a few months. From what they said you get treated like a kid, but if it gets the license back quicker sure anyone could put up with that.

Not long, back from the states, brother lives there, he got stopped on the way back to the airport. 6 lane road (3 each way) speed limit 45mph!! got clocked at 57mph. they have zero tolerance on speed ie 46 and your speeding. Anyways, when cop came up to the car, oh by the way had gun drawn - rather scary, asked was his license clean, if it was, would try and help him out, went back to his car to run tag and license. Bro reckoned would maybe get done for 5 over + fine and points. Cop came back said yep its clean so what I’ve done is booked you for “impeding traffic” fine of $130.00 which is still less than if he had been done for even 5 over and carries No points, No record kept. Lucky boy!!

CapMan

Banned
Drives
Wait and see!
alan273 said:
Is there not a course you can go on now to get the books back quicker? Heard a friend talking about it for a guy done for DUI could get license back after only a few months. From what they said you get treated like a kid, but if it gets the license back quicker sure anyone could put up with that.
Someone is bending the truth here it seems. There are courses run by the Probabation Board for Drink Driving and once completed, probation can recommend that your disqualification can be reduced by upto half. Although its only if the original disqualification is for more than two years. And even saying that, it can only be reduced to a minimum of 2 years (so therefore you would need to have had a minimum 4 year ban in the first place to get a 50% reduction). Whoever said they got their licence back after a few months has been telling tales of pork pies.

Richy

RMS Regular
Drives
E55
yeah, paccers is right, a friend of mine lost his license for DUI, and HAD to complete that program as part of his sentence within the first year. Not sure what was to happen after the year if he didnt complete it tho....

CapMan

Banned
Drives
Wait and see!
Richy said:
yeah, paccers is right, a friend of mine lost his license for DUI, and HAD to complete that program as part of his sentence within the first year. Not sure what was to happen after the year if he didnt complete it tho....

Strictly speaking, he didn't HAVE to do it, you have to agree to it in court in front of the magistrate. He could have declined, but this would have resulted in a harsher fine and possible disqualification otherwise.

If he hadn't of done it within the first year then it doesn't really affect him, its upto the PBNI to organise it and if they don't then its not his fault.(y)

aaron_m

RMS Regular
B A Baracus said:
Its D.I.C. in the UK mate

im surprised you stil have a licence the way you drive the GMC :party: but i suppose you would pity the fool who tried to take it......

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.