What happens when...

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

crx

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda
it was one of those ford mondeo estate with english plates on it i didnt notice it at all . it was on the way to kellys one sat nite!!!!

Marc

RMS Moderator
oh so that means you would over take an avensis undercover car ^o)

mate, the cops drive everything they can get their hands on

therock said:
How can you not notice an unmarked police car, i generally dont overtake vauxhalls etc without having a good gawk at the motor first

crx

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda
ive realised that now one cop wanted me to lose the books and the other was dead on lol i was lucky

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
Marc said:
oh so that means you would over take an avensis undercover car ^o)

mate, the cops drive everything they can get their hands on

sure they have a silver mazda 626 about newcastle too - WCZ something or other

*note to admin - hows about an undercover car section to the forums - someplace where members can add in any cars they have seen about, where they operate, and plates to let other RMSers know?

BJ

Banned
All depends on the mood of the magistrate but you're biggest worry is falling into the 17-24 age group and it being dark and wet. Expect the worst and then you'll not be shocked! ;)

I got done for similiar 2 years ago and ended up with 4 points and £150 fine but I'm older and it was a sunny,summer evening.

Couple of tips though:
Don't try and get your fancy solicitor to try and get you off,won't go down well.

You MUST attend court,you won't have to say anything but they will *think* you are all sorry and that sort of crap.

Get a letter from your employer saying you need your license.

You will probably have to submit a payslip,the fine is based on this,I do our PAYE so my fine was small (work the rest out for yourself;) ) See if you can do similiar and save the money for taxis.

BJ

Banned
Big Pimp said:
cars they have seen about, where they operate, and plates to let other RMSers know?

Have you a very good memory or would you suggest printing off the details and reading them while driving?:relieved:

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Big Pimp said:
*note to admin - hows about an undercover car section to the forums - someplace where members can add in any cars they have seen about, where they operate, and plates to let other RMSers know?

(y) good call pimp lad. thought about this myself a few times. goodness knows theres enough of them out there to keep an eye out for.

Darragh

RMS Regular
Drives
Supra TT6
why not make it worth ur while going to court by stealing a few cars wrecking them knock down a few old ladies then claim that ur a deprived joy rider and ull get a wee slap on the wrist:p

revhard

RMS Regular
BJ said:
Have you a very good memory or would you suggest printing off the details and reading them while driving?:relieved:

lol

Or how about dont break the law?

Some people on here need to dry their eyes as they say "you do the crime, you do the time" :p

therock

RMS Regular
When I say i always have a good gawk, if it's two fellas in an unmarked reg'd car, I'd pass at the legal limit.

Hardly gonna be the same if its an avensis with an R plate up and washer LEDs.

Police surprised me the other day actually, went past me in a big Saab diesel

jason Dturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
C2 GT
undercover cop cars

that is a good idea big pimp i think that RMS should do that help alot of people out

big cyril

RMS Regular
DarraghGTfour said:
why not make it worth ur while going to court by stealing a few cars wrecking them knock down a few old ladies then claim that ur a deprived joy rider and ull get a wee slap on the wrist:p

Indeed , the court would probably not be any harder on him if he had been driving an uninsured , untaxed , untested runabout car.
It must be frustrating for the police catching such people to find them not getting any real punishment for the crime.
I laughed recently at the courts column in the local paper where a guy had been given points for having no insurance/MOT stolen car etc when HE ALSO HAD NO LICENSE! :scream:
What is that about?

wingnut

Drives
S2 Coupe
You should get 6 points and a large fine at least. Anything less is a blessing.

As long as you just stress that it was a silly moment of madness and you've learned the hard way. A wee bit of appologetic ball licking goes a long way.

chip

RMS Regular
Drives
Mustang Cobra
plead it was a new car and you didnt realise the speed of it. well something along those lines.

SMB

RMS Regular
Drives
A4 Avant
What car did you have before the 2.0L Bora? Tell them also that the car was jus new, you didnt realise how powerful it was etc etc.... Tell them ya had something slow before hand like a 1.1 saxo or something... Your solicitor will do all this for ya tho... I would imagine!!

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
BJ said:

what ****e are you talking, you numpty?

if you pass a cop car, or one passes you, i think you may just remember the details of the car, eg make, coloyr, general location... even the start of the reg.

but then again, maybe we're not all stupid enough to "print off the details whilst driving" - maybe you are?

^o)

adamnmcc

RMS Member
OP
adamnmcc
Drives
VW Golf 1.8
well, was in court on friday.

lost my license for 5mths and a £200 fine with 12 weeks to pay up.

Not that bad i thought.

*n.b.* the bora is now for sale. Check out the classifieds...

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
IM sure this is a stupid question, but how does this affect NCB? Do they get wiped, as you're starting on a new licence? Technically no claim was made...

adamnmcc

RMS Member
OP
adamnmcc
Drives
VW Golf 1.8
dunno to be honest... have to ring my insurance company today to see if i get a refund for the year i paid upfront.

bloody hope i do. should be around £800 refund.

Marc

RMS Moderator
the court's already set the punishment.. bit late for an appeal surely??

If i was you, i would just call the insurance company.. get your refund.. dont tell them about losing the licence etc.

big cyril

RMS Regular
Lyons said:
IM sure this is a stupid question, but how does this affect NCB? Do they get wiped, as you're starting on a new licence? Technically no claim was made...

Doubt if it gets wiped as it is a no claims bonus after all and he hasn't claimed but the insurance would want to know about the lost license.

5 months ban is pretty severe for a first offence, even if it was a three figure speed.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.