What Tyre Slick?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Marc

RMS Moderator
think autoglym done the cherry dash spray... it smelt great!!

i use the rubber care trade stuff from autoglym.. find it works a treat if left for 30 mins or so after applying!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I have the Turtle Wax stuff in the green bottle- it lasts for ages.

Never use it anymore though as i dont care about my car anymore!

PJS

RMS Regular
thats what i want next - aerospace 303

where do you get it?

Where is The Polishing Company?

do they import polish workers??

someone open the door, ill get my coat :worried:

www.thepolishingcompany.com or I can get it for you if you prefer.

Oh, and here's your coat....
getmecoat.gif

Lee

RMS Regular
I use the megs endurance stuff. It lasts for ages!

It lasts long enough if you use it after every wash, this way it builds up and lasts longer(y)

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
No-one use a drop of diesel on an auld rag? Used to use diesel back in my skint student days when I couldn't afford a bottle of son of a gun... didn't last long on the tyre but a quids worth of diesel would last forever.

PJS

RMS Regular
Mega money for using as tyre dressing... I've tried loads and Auto Smart Trim Wizard is the best by far....... £16.00 for 5 litres........

So says the Zaino user!
If you'd read the post I made, you'll see I've explained it's more than a one trick pony, so price becomes irrelevant when the value is spread over the number of alternative products that can be dispensed with.
Should give it a try yourself to see what I'm talking about.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
pm big pimp he sent me a sample and it was fantastic lasted ages and no flick at all

I use as trim wizzard its great too and doesnt flick but u have to apply it correctly

thanks Pete - a few valeters / detailers are agreeing with you on that one - looking into selling smaller bottles of it now, as i think, and any who have tried have agreed that it is much superior to the competition!

Amos

RMS Regular
Drives
What ever is in
So says the Zaino user!
If you'd read the post I made, you'll see I've explained it's more than a one trick pony, so price becomes irrelevant when the value is spread over the number of alternative products that can be dispensed with.
Should give it a try yourself to see what I'm talking about.

I have it in the Garage and all, and I really don't rate it at all... VERY over priced, for what it does..... For arches and engine bays I use Autosmart Finnish, which Dilutes down 2/1 and is about £14 for 5 litres..... Then Trimwizard for tyres, as Its a GEL....... 303 is very water based, and will give tha same look as Poorboys Bold and Bright, but then wash's of in the rain in a day.... Been there tried it!!!!!!!!...

Amos

RMS Regular
Drives
What ever is in
As for the Zaino thing, can you name a product that is more dureable for the Northern Ireland Climate than Zaino, Cause I can't..........

Amos

RMS Regular
Drives
What ever is in
thanks Pete - a few valeters / detailers are agreeing with you on that one - looking into selling smaller bottles of it now, as i think, and any who have tried have agreed that it is much superior to the competition!

Any left Pete or Big Pimp, I'd like to give it a go.........

Jonny

RMS Regular
had some muc off silica stuff and it was fantastic, but it had to dry thoroughly or it was bad for splattering it's all done now tho

currently using poorboys bold n bright loving it, pour some into a jar and dilute with water apply with a smallsih brush

lovin it so far. :grinning:

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
yeah Amos - i'll send up some with Armo on account of that deal you done for me on the sonus bucket!

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
Drives
All broken
Mmm. Interesting. I use Turtle Wax Back to Black or something - it's an aerosol from Asda for about £2.49. It turns my tyres black but not shiny. Lasts ok. It doesnt spray up the car and I don't get dirty hands applying it. Suits me :oops:

PJS

RMS Regular
As for the Zaino thing, can you name a product that is more dureable for the Northern Ireland Climate than Zaino, Cause I can't..........

Actually yes, but that's a different debate than which tyre slicker.
My point was a rather tongue in cheek jibe at you being a Zaino user (still not cheap even with the recent price drop) bringing the price of Trim Wiz into the equation.
Yes, I'm sure it does offer excellent value at that quantity, but it's still a one trick pony, which means other stuff to do other jobs.
I find 303 to be very versatile, but whilst it protects tyres from degradation due to UV, it doesn't give them a bling factor that some may prefer.
I don't, but then that's because it looks so false compared to what a tyre looks like when freshly put on. I prefer the new/original look rather than the LOOK AT ME look that many produce.

PJS

RMS Regular
I have it in the Garage and all, and I really don't rate it at all... VERY over priced, for what it does..... For arches and engine bays I use Autosmart Finnish, which Dilutes down 2/1 and is about £14 for 5 litres..... Then Trimwizard for tyres, as Its a GEL....... 303 is very water based, and will give tha same look as Poorboys Bold and Bright, but then wash's of in the rain in a day.... Been there tried it!!!!!!!!...

Fail to see what difference being gel or liquid based makes - you're comparing apples with peaches by raising the gel fact as a Tw advantage.
I don't agree with the "off in a day when raining" view - I've not experienced that, but then I do apply 2 coats.
Use it on wiper blades, and rubber trim, and it does a top job.
And it's the staple treatment by Polished Bliss for the engine bay area - not that there's much UV in there, but hey, that's their preference.

So, as you can see, it takes all sorts to make the world go round.

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
Can we Sticky this? Seeing as its being asked every half an hour.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
no probs mate.... i'll get some up for you and i still have to get round to Amos with some!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.