Who are all the Detailers on here?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
I completely understand Paul and I agree entirely that there are too many people that don't have the experience or skill required.

Still if they enjoy it thats fair enough for them

Rfg

RMS Regular
I didnt think you were having a go Paul and cheers BTW... it just annoys me that people slag it off for no reason. its like me I cant understand bar a set of wheels why people spend big money "doing up" cars but I would never slag them off for doing it...

rosssei

RMS Regular
lol funny when you dont want to name them paul but you tell the ones who you like its not them ;)

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
I think he only mentioned as he thought myslef and Ronnie had took offence at his comments, which he hadn't lol

Detailing threads all get abit hectic.. too many egos about lol

Brian

RMS Regular
Drives
Baby AMG
I do some on weekends etc just through word of mouth

Started mastering the detailing and machine polishing when i was 14/15 so i'd like to consider myself rightly skilled.

Detail NI

RMS Regular
Is this still running on...
Every body knows Amos is the master! DONE :grinning:

Paul - i would say what you do to your own car in the way of interior, underneath etc is definately detailing. You go in to "detail".

Dan.86

RMS Regular
these threads get sooooo boring, same old tripe as usual.

much respect to the detailiers that post their work on here, generally it is very impressive!

who are the people that this thread is aimed at? i havent seen anybody really that claims to be a detailer that isnt known to be one and well respected at their profession/hobby?

ferrett

RMS Regular
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
these threads get sooooo boring, same old tripe as usual.

much respect to the detailiers that post their work on here, generally it is very impressive!

who are the people that this thread is aimed at? i havent seen anybody really that claims to be a detailer that isnt known to be one and well respected at their profession/hobby?

x2 dan ...tho i think hes curious to find out who does it just , either out of curiosity or to find out who the competition is , and as i dont rely on it to pay my mortgage neither bothers me ...

Dan.86

RMS Regular
isnt dent and detail that is making the big deal out of it though, that does just seem to be a genuine question from a new member... :confounded:

dannyfawcett

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3, 1.6 hat
Does it matter if you class yourself as a detailer or not ? If your getting a good finish from yours/your mates/families paint , making it look better than when you started thats what counts not the "im a detailer your not"

ferrett

RMS Regular
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
well danny i am a detailer and your not:party:

to be fair i really am not :oops: but i agree to a certain extent ,, certainly i can correct paint as seen in previous threads but i,d be more of a fussy cleaner person ,, think tho there are way to many people calling themselves deatailers when theyre just valeters or like me fussy car cleaners ..

dannyfawcett

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3, 1.6 hat
Your a detailer and im not? here i hoover my car and wax and polish it occasionally lol

unless they are doing it for an income , who cares what they call them selves

Could be "THE PAINT SORTER OUTER FOR YOUR CAR LIEK AND A HOOVER AND STUFF"

i wish i could correct paint, i will learn some day :grinning:

Ghisallo

RMS Regular
Go to a PRO hair dresser, get to look a SEXY ladies, get a head massage, take time to cut my hair, cup of coffee and few wee sweets, modern shop, etc..... With alot more overheads, all for lets say £16.00.....

If you could point me in the direction of such a place around Bangor that would be class. I'm currently paying £8 to get my neck cut to shreds every month by a surly bloke who blames me for the way I hold my head.
8o|

Detail NI

RMS Regular
If you could point me in the direction of such a place around Bangor that would be class. I'm currently paying £8 to get my neck cut to shreds every month by a surly bloke who blames me for the way I hold my head.
8o|

Nicholas graham in high street!!! :grinning:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I've seen cars come back for a top up and you honestly wonder what the hell owners have done to their cars and Ryan will tell you the same.

Lol, I had better take care before I call you out again then :p

At least I use Naviwax now, not the Halfords gunk, even an old fart can learn eventually :innocent:

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
Im loving this thread, such entertainment on a Wed evening :party:

I've a lot of respect for guys and girls who detail motors, from what I've read and seen it takes a lot of time and effort and to do this on a regular basis would take a lot out of anyone-like that Saab eh ferrett ;)

I like to keep my cars clean and looking good, and I am in no way a detailer, but even the extent of cleaning I do to my cars takes it out of me and it's no where near the level that the detailers on here work to :confounded:

those guys (and girls Ruth) who do this level of work on a regular basis have great skill and should be praised for the efforts they go to correct some of the motors they get thrown at them

As to who is a detailer and who isn't professionally on here, it's like every other occupation in life, you have to do the groundwork to find that out for yourself, but i dont see how asking the question is a problem

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
Lol, I had better take care before I call you out again then :p

At least I use Naviwax now, not the Halfords gunk, even an old fart can learn eventually :innocent:

LOL, Im the same dude

I just noticed that Creightons autostore in finaghy are now stocking Naviwax for £35 and a fair amount of meguiars kit, a few years ago you would be lucky if they stocked AG

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.