Who do I report a CAT B write off too?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Rover Repair

RMS Regular
Drives
Rover's!
Went to buy a car, put a deposit down, did hpi on hpicheck.com and shes a CAT B write off, thats been repaired by a salvage yard and put back on the road.

Now im going to be going up later with the certificate printed in hand and my steel toe cap boots to get my deposit back, but who does a CAT B car need reported to, DVLANI etc?

Ive got all the individuals details, address and such because I dont want anyone else to get screwed over!

pablo

RMS Moderator
you could phone the DVLNI and try them? Im sure if they dont handle it they will know who does.

reckon the seller knows? He might not.

Rover Repair

RMS Regular
OP
Rover Repair
Drives
Rover's!
He does, his family member owns the salvage yard in question having done some digging.

Rover Repair

RMS Regular
OP
Rover Repair
Drives
Rover's!
Aye, not impressed. Can I report him to the PSNI also outta curiosity?

djmgzr

Drives
My feet
What car is it u where after? And who is selling it? A dealer?? Hope not, if so he should be named :eek:

ferrett

RMS Regular
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
he will never get a tax book for this car rendering it impossible to sell without pulling a fly one .. cat a and b are for the crusher and not allowed back on the road , i,d try the psni if dvlni cant help

Rover Repair

RMS Regular
OP
Rover Repair
Drives
Rover's!
I will name and shame when I get my deposit back tonight, family friend who is police officer will be joining me. LOL.

marky

RMS Regular
Drives
911 sc,focus rs
Cat b can be fixed/ reshelled ect, knew of a 911 a few years ago that was cat b and repaired, he may not be breaking the law by selling the car but would be braking the law buy not telling you it is cat b ( if he is aware) and it would be stated on the tax book so don't see how he wouldn't know!!!

Rover Repair

RMS Regular
OP
Rover Repair
Drives
Rover's!
Personally im not risking it as its for the gf. If its a cat B on the log, then insurance company wont touch it.

Nicky Glanza

RMS Regular
Drives
BMX
Personally im not risking it as its for the gf. If its a cat B on the log, then insurance company wont touch it.

defo not! cat b would have to be serious damage! hope you get your deposit back macgyver! if you dont ile lend you my chainsaw (y)

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Very dodgy alright. As Pablo says, a Cat B car should be destroyed and never put back on the road - that's the law. They can only ever be used for parts and a V5 will never be issued for one. Did he show you a V5 or log book?

pablo

RMS Moderator
what way does that work with the VIN? use old VIN in a brand new shell? Or use VIN of a second hand shell?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.