who paints wheels?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

stuarti

RMS Regular
my cousin is looking to paint his alloys white.... he lives in antrim area... is there anyone that is recommended to do this type of work and how good is it when wheels are painted... does the paint actually stay on properly or does it chip/corrode and flake off very easily?

thanks

barachello

RMS Regular
Drives
CX5 & A3 8P
bit far away but, lee8ballauto refurbs and paints alloys, he is in Bangor though.

Does a good job from what I have seen.

Chris Mac

RMS Regular
Drives
MK8 GTi CS
SQ Design in Moneyreigh
02890 449600

painted the corsa wheels from silver to white, prefect job and theyr still going strong almost a year later

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
What do SQ do for refurbing them, are they shotblasted and filled or whats the process???

Lookin this done soon myself but the ones who sprung to mind first were Nu-luk, altho i dare say a tad pricier than SQD :grinning:

RCT

RMS Regular
Don't think this will answer your question but I refurbed another set of wheels myself and got them blasted with my usual sandblasting man. He does alloys with a different machine and uses a grade of which I can only describe like flour. They werent too badly pitted after being done and I have just finished lacquering them today. He's based near Dunloy so maybe a bit far for your cousin to travel? He doesn't paint though. Pm me if you want his number.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
DIY. I just finished doing a set last night, thats 3 in total ive done now. Nothing to it.

5gtt

RMS Regular
Drives
Bora TDi 150
im not sure how sqd do it but i use chemical metal when filling chips if they dont sand out.

Taz007

RMS Regular
Drives
E92
think nuluk wheels in carrick do painting as well as ecc in lisburn

although neither of them could fix the polished lips of my wheels and their machines dont fit :confounded: only way they can do them if to repaint the wheels one colour or somethin??

coffey

RMS Regular
Drives
honda civic
im not sure how sqd do it but i use chemical metal when filling chips if they dont sand out.

was thinking bout this myself...how does liguid metal etc affect the balancing? balance ok? cos i kno if a dodgy tyre is put on then it is damn near impossible to balance correctly as one day it would be grand then the next it would wobble etc....also for strength and heat resistance?

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
I had a set done by Chris @ SQD this week and picked them up yesterday, terrific job (y)

Gaz

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
SQD gets my vote chris is a top guy ... do great work.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
LOL good one there had to look twice at what i wrote ... :p

OLLIeCrX

RMS Regular
Drives
C63 AMG
SQD or TSD ... nu luk are good if you dont mind paying the premium. my old accord rims are over 3 years on and still minty

SuitorMenswear

RMS Regular
lol@Chris Mac. Next time u break somethin on the saxo im not sortin it out!

Anyone needin rims sorted drop me a PM for a quote.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.