who paints wheels?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

ferrett

RMS Regular
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
yip chris is a sound guy ive had 3 sets done now by sqd and always a fantastic job be sure to give him notice tho ...... nu look will cost about 360 plus vat for a set of four a bit dear considering the results you get from sqd for much less

tim

RMS Regular
yip chris is a sound guy ive had 3 sets done now by sqd and always a fantastic job be sure to give him notice tho ...... nu look will cost about 360 plus vat for a set of four a bit dear considering the results you get from sqd for much less

O rly? ^o) Its actually £282 all in.

SQD or TSD ... nu luk are good if you dont mind paying the premium. my old accord rims are over 3 years on and still minty

Lets see how long some others last..... (y)

Chris Mac

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 R
at least SQD and TSD do what they say, iv seen a couple of wheels the people in carrick have done and have been "powder coated", however they are infact 100% definately wet sprayed

Chris Mac

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 R
What?? that is the stupidiest thing iv ever heard of

why would you powder coat something, then wet spray it. you do one or other for their different properties.
wet spraying for a smooth finish, powder coating for a long lasting durable but not 100% smooth finish

tim

RMS Regular
Good to see you can count Chris (y)

Not that is even close to the £360+VAT quoted earlier... but sure...

Marc - They dont charge by size, they charge by the type of finish. Your mates wheels where probbaly not a standard finish ie. not just painted. They could of needed a machined lip etc. I dont know, I dont know the wheels.

But a standard refurb and respray for any normal alloy ie non split rim and non polished/machine lip £60 + Vat = £282 a set. Dont believe me, ring them!

Corsaboy - Do you even read what you have written? Stupidest thing you have ever heard? What school did you go to??? Aretard. Sure why dont you go tell them how to run their business since your seem to know it all ^o)

So if you actually read what you've posted you've answered you own question. As you say.. One is durable.... and the other is a smooth finish? So..... if you do both then you get a durable base AND a smooth finish?!?!?!?!!!!! Easy enough for you to understand yet?

If they are so wrong chris, how come as Ollie says over 3 years later, wheels he got done are Still Mint? Just like many many other sets. ? How come they are constantly flatout and making a complete fortune? Must be doing something right ^o)

They are the most exspensive, because they do the best job, simple!

So the end of the day, if you dont want to pay their prices dont bitch and moan about them, just like they'll tell you in the workshop, go somewhere else then!

Chris Mac

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 R
i did not mean it like that tim. i meant the two wouldnt be mixed to get the best of both. it would be extremely difficult for anyone to get wet spray to bond properly to baked powder.

I actually went to Campbell College, which is one of the most respected schools in the country, just so you know

oh and a wee maths lesson

£70 plus vat

70/100= 0.7
0.7x17.5= 12.25
12.25+70= 82.25 (price per wheel)
82.25x4=£329 (price for four wheels)

tim

RMS Regular
O rly? So because you went to some school you think is 'good' you like to think your smart? ^o)

Obviously you aren't smart enough to realize the quicker method then.... :-#

70 x 1.175 = 82.25
82.25 x 4 = 329

There's a math lesson for you Campbell Boy ;)

Not that this is even the point, but sure since you want to argue what about next? Religion? War?

ps. £282 is £60+VAT so get you head out of your ass, cock!

Chris Mac

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 R
but its not £60 plus vat
i have rung before and been quoted £70 for nothing special. just simple wheels need refurbed and repainted silver.
now im not having a go a NU Luk as iv seen some stuff that looks unrepairable but theyv fixed it.
i was making it simple for you tim my boy

tim

RMS Regular
Ok Chris, again as always. Your right.. even though I have very good mate who has worked there since it opened and he says otherwise ^o)

So if your not having a go at NuLuk, what are you doing exactly? Talking ****e as usual?

As for making it simple for me boyo. I went to a good grammar school. Where people dont have there head up there arse like your good self. As that my friend is the only reason you are even posting in this thread. Trying to get one over on me no matter the topic or even if you believe your wrong or right. Just like that stupid signature of yours, but clearly your too much of an idiot to recognise sarcasim when you see it.

But what ever. Little tip for you though, try not to make your self look like a cock when your attempting to make someone else look like one (y)

RickyB

RMS Regular
Drives
E3VO X
Used Nu Luk a couple of times. One set was great but the other two sets were complete s***e. Wouldnt be handing my cash over there again.....

Chris Mac

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 R
i think if you go back to the initial thread where my sig came from you will realise that you infact told me to put it as my sig.

as for having a go im not, im saying that it just wouldnt be done. i shall ring them or possibly call in and talk to them about their process, as i find it completely bizarre that you would powder coat a peice of metal then wet spray it. if they come up with a sensible way of doing so i will retract everything iv said, however i think they will be masters of physics to get the process to work correctly.

as for heads up their arses at campbell, does jonny106, wing_commander, Jason_Mcq all have their heads up their arses too?

tim

RMS Regular
Chris, seriously. Your physics teacher couldn't have been that good if you think this is stretching the laws of physics or something.. Please for the love of god, save me the hassle, Just RING them or call in and ask them to explain how they refurb the wheels step by step and stop trying to win a losing battle.

As for them, I dont know. I've never spoke to any of them for any length of time online or in real life to decide whether they do or not!

As for you, your a cert (y)

tim

RMS Regular
Used Nu Luk a couple of times. One set was great but the other two sets were complete s***e. Wouldnt be handing my cash over there again.....
Im sure if you took them back, they would have been more than happy to redo them for you.

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
as for heads up their arses at campbell, does jonny106, wing_commander, Jason_Mcq all have their heads up their arses too?

I can vouch for wing_commander having his head up most peoples arses :p

Bass c

Banned

Yes they do, all the wee rich kids :p

Timmay did you go to campbell too? it seems likely

Timmay licks nu-luks arse and pink caliper boy licks suitors rim, we've been here before i believe (y)

tim

RMS Regular
i think if you go back to the initial thread where my sig came from you will realise that you infact told me to put it as my sig.

as for having a go im not, im saying that it just wouldnt be done. i shall ring them or possibly call in and talk to them about their process, as i find it completely bizarre that you would powder coat a peice of metal then wet spray it. if they come up with a sensible way of doing so i will retract everything iv said, however i think they will be masters of physics to get the process to work correctly.

I'll tell the mate to exspect you then. And I'll be waiting on your enlighten'd response (y)

ps. nice edit Barry O'Barry

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Im not getting involved in this debate, but this has got to be quote of the year;

Corsaboy - Do you even read what you have written? Stupidest thing you have ever heard? What school did you go to??? Aretard.

Sorry Tim!

Niall

RMS Regular
Not getting involved - because I don't care, but Nu-Luk have charged me £70+vat to refurb a 19" CSL wheel (painted) and that was "trade"

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.