Who's the best Detailer on RMS? Get the pics up

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Neil_M

RMS Regular
As its been said, its hard to tell from a picture... But it shows some of the good efforts out there.

Ill get a few snaps of mine up as well, after a good few miles of driving and all done by hand too ;)

At the end of the day its a good bit easier cleaning up a relatively new car, but its the older cars that deserve the most credit IMO.

I am becomming a bit of a perfectionist too. I need to work on polishing out some scratches on my car, then touch up some stone chips etc.

I do have to say I take a pride in my car and I appreciate anyone that takes a pride in theirs. Its like falling in love with your car all over again ;)

Siilver

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Polo
dsc003511tw.jpg

dsc003500py.jpg

i dont think that is too bad

Jmax

RMS Regular
156 Lad said:
id say, it'll be either lenny or ruth... not many properly using pc buffs etc, a drop of polish i dont think constitutes "detailing"

agreed

Neil_M

RMS Regular
And my efforts taken on my phone... With a few miles on her since shes been cleaned too (hence the tar) ;)

Front / Side on
DSC06628_sml.jpg

Rear side
DSC06630_sml.jpg

Distant Bonnet
DSC06623_sml.jpg

Close Bonnet
DSC06624_sml.jpg

Barry

RMS Regular
Drives
S14A/A4
While we're on the subject, can anyone suggest someone good up round the North Coast to remove swirl marks from my 200? I know Baz is damn good at it but he's a bit far away for me.

Ruth

RMS Regular
I think andy ollie on jon44 has started detailing part time? try him

Martyn

RMS Regular
R6TH M said:
I think andy ollie on jon44 has started detailing part time? try him

Your quite right ruth!!!:cool:

He would be the guy to go to... He has a love for the finer detailing points in life:p

Barry

RMS Regular
Drives
S14A/A4
Cheers people, must give him a bell. Actually seen him last week in Donegal, if only I had known then.

Rob

RMS Regular
Drives
Amarok V6
Tbh I don't know how you all get the time for all this detailing.. I enjoy driving my car too much to get in and clean every inch of it and I lead a busy life so don't really have the time either! A good polish and wax every couple of months to keep the paint in good order and a wash once a week or so does me rightly (y) :party:

Harry

RMS Regular
Drives
V8
Wish I could take some of this flashy photography, aul fella who owned the 200 before me said he took great care of it, by washing it almost everyday, that certainly took its toll on the paintwork. The amount of swirls and scratchy marks it came with were rather horrendous. But now after a few months of ownership the paint has really deepened, darkened and cleaned up. Its like a totally different colour, must have a go at some reflection shots.
@ Lenny - always loved that shot of the rear arch on the R32!

s13rab

RMS Regular
R6TH M said:
I disagree - new cars still get equally as dirty too when they are driven every day! Its not about how old or new the car is, you can make any car shine and be mint with enough patience and fussyness. Take a look around next time you are out on a sunny day, you'll see how many swirl marked and faded "new" cars are about! And yes photos dont count for anything cos even bad lighting wont show a decent shine and u wont see missed bits :p :worried:

yes its alright saying that but there "driving" and there "driving" ...plus its a hell of a lot eaiser to clear a new car than it is an older car unless the older car has always been kept mint or your an complete "rs buffty" example for anyone who was at the rs day in porhrush ...rsnutter ....two words "green mkII" ...as for the sunny day thing most people dont no how to clean them selves let along there cars cos most of them just buck them through the brush wash aaaahhhhhhhh wtf plastic brush + painted metal= GAY PAINT!!!!

Neil_M

RMS Regular
s13rab - you going cold turkey, sounds a bit like it lol ;)

I would disagree with Ruth too. An older car that will likely have paint and bodywork in worse condition, not to mention, faded plastics, worn interiors etc. Especially when a previous owner didnt look after it that well.

Ruth is right in saying any car can "shine and be mint" but an older car would take a lot greater effort.

Just because a car is swirl marked doesnt mean alot. Still at the end of the day a new swirl marked car will be alot easier to clean up than a swirl marked old car...

s13rab

RMS Regular
ill stick up some pics of the rsturbo later if i can and show u all a clean car ..........hmmm mybe not lol but ill try ;lol

Ruth

RMS Regular
wee_neiler said:
s13rab - you going cold turkey, sounds a bit like it lol ;)

I would disagree with Ruth too. An older car that will likely have paint and bodywork in worse condition, not to mention, faded plastics, worn interiors etc. Especially when a previous owner didnt look after it that well.

Ruth is right in saying any car can "shine and be mint" but an older car would take a lot greater effort.

Just because a car is swirl marked doesnt mean alot. Still at the end of the day a new swirl marked car will be alot easier to clean up than a swirl marked old car...

pfft, i didnt say it wouldnt take more effort, i said with enough patience you could make it shine (perhaps mint was the wrong word to use as no car is ever going to be perfect). Yes your gonna have rust scratches and stone chips by the bucketful, but you can hardly compare a 20 year old car to a 3 year old car in a show and shine comp if you take those into consideration. This is how neals car was before we got stuck into it, bit of a sight for a car that isnt even 2 years old i think you'll agree :scream: http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/april.html

MrDave

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E39
I'm definatly the best detailer, im just after putting one of those meguirs pad things onto the drill and seeing if it'd work on my old micra which hasnt been washed since january .....

s13rab

RMS Regular
R6TH M said:
but you can hardly compare a 20 year old car to a 3 year old car in a show and shine comp

but thats the thing u can if the 20 year old car has been looked after my cars 16 years old and heres a pic

S3700005.jpg

s13rab

RMS Regular
yep man sure is its my 3rd one and i didnt think i would have got a better one tghen my last but i found this and its a cracker ,, really nice care

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.