Zircotec - Ceramic exhaust manifold coatings

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

hippyross

RMS Regular
I like to hug trees anyway ;).

Seriously though, I know it may be against the trend, but I don't mind taking the hit power wise with the cat.

It still passes emissions anyway, just offset it with cutting out some dairy and beef :p

Delboy23

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3
Neither of those have a sports cat option :worried:.

Also the Piper isn't far behind the Toda power wise and is a fraction of the price.

Just run decat if it's a track toy then, don't worry about mot! N/A tuning on a Honda is too expensive for so little gain imo.

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Exhaust with removable cat in it for MOT purposes.

Buy Tegiwa 'Toda knock off' decat manifold.

Best of both worlds.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
How much would you be talking for 2.5-3ft pipe ceramic coated? 2.5" in diameter?

I presume no where in NI offers these style of coatings?

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
I
I remember that F40LM rebuild that had a very detailed build blog used zircotec coating iirc and there was lots of annoyance at the amount of debris inside the manifolds that would have damaged the turbos. They were returned a few times and eventually they had to sort it themselves from memory.
I remember that F40LM problem too as I was looking into ceramic coating at the time.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.