My Polo *big update post 341*

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
OP
natogreen16v
Drives
Stuff
awful grief in here. Ben I used to like you :p

So after what can only be described as a ****er of a day off I went and pulled the rear shocks out to suss out the hydros.

I bolted the rams into the rear and decided where to run the lines for the rear shocks. I then jacked up the axle to see how much drop we'd have. Turns out the rear axle will rest on the chassis leg before the rams fully compressed so I'm happy there. Not that it'll ever get that low with the Gottis on but it's nice to know I wont have to worry.

Silly pic with a space saver on:
P1030194.jpg

And one of the floor now dry. Once I get a final hole welded I'll finish the rest:
P1030189.jpg

Connor

Dave

RMS Regular
lookin good connor didnt realise you had hydraulics for it!

all you impatient people need to take a step back and appreciate the time and hard work it takes to build good project,
here is a photo from day 1 to give you an idea of how it looked then and how much has changed.

6482274005_99ec1c76ed_z.jpg

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
all you impatient people need to take a step back and appreciate the time and hard work it takes to build good project
God built the world in 6 days, this is a ****ty **** dub VW.

Perspective (y) :p

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini&Corolla
lookin good connor didnt realise you had hydraulics for it!

all you impatient people need to take a step back and appreciate the time and hard work it takes to build good project,
here is a photo from day 1 to give you an idea of how it looked then and how much has changed.

Quare tan on them...

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
OP
natogreen16v
Drives
Stuff
LMAO Dave!!

Lets all quote the photo :p

DaddyC the world is hardly a shining example of great workmanship. He should have spent abit longer on it. Sure we've ****s like you now :party:

fergie666

RMS Regular
Drives
Rubbish
Love the colour one the car mate. Can you tell me the exact name of the colour and where you bought the paint please ?

Thanks

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
OP
natogreen16v
Drives
Stuff
I got the paint of a friend. It's military paint just.

So after the mk2 ****ing me about for over a week and my Dad taking sick again progress got well held up but we're back on form again.

Yesterday I drew up a rough design of what I wanted for mounting the hydros in the boot. With the Polo's boot not being overly big and my pumps being quite industrialous I'd a bit of thinking out to do seeing as I want the parts mounted quite low and I've 3 batteries and 4 accumulators to mount too along with other bits and pieces. I got some fresh steel and fired up the band saw and welder and cut and tacked till I got what I wanted and got Lee to weld it for me. Once she'd done it looked something like this:

IMG_2792.jpg

I also drilled holes and mounted my bulk head fittings to pass the lines from the boot to the inner wheel well to the ram:
IMG_2795.jpg

The 3 batteries will be mounted between the pumps. As you can see in the first pic I seam sealered the welded parts of the floor too.

The threads into the pumps for mounting them seem to be imperial (i'm guessing but definatly not metric) so I've a bit of paying to do to get bolts and same for the nuts for the top of the rear rams.

Connor

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
imperiel is a nightmare, had problems with the inlet for fluid on my hydraulic handbrake..

fred crawford motorsport sorted me in the end

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
OP
natogreen16v
Drives
Stuff
it's actually the tapped holes under the pumps to mount it too the rack which seem to be imperial G. I'll send my da into down with it tomorrow and try sort it when I'm in work :p

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
OP
natogreen16v
Drives
Stuff
you've a mk1 golf in my yard and if you don't come work on it i'll donate it to someone :p

C4L

RMS Regular
page 56 and its in bits? I haven't read the thread so forgive me, but have you fabricated this yourself from bare metal?lol

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
OP
natogreen16v
Drives
Stuff
nah it's been built and stripped a number of times. that combined with the car getting an entire go over/slow progress you get alot of pages.

sean it'll run 1 battery for the car and 2 for the hydros wired at 24v. if you want his mk1 come on ahead :p

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
OP
natogreen16v
Drives
Stuff
Loads of problems and hold up as usual between waiting on parts for both the hydros and the dash swap and the girlfriend's Nova getting broken into so small update tonight.

I got my couplers for the solenoids so I joined them together and then linked the 2 positives together too and covered the cable in webbing (you'll notice this theme lol). The faces will also be polished too:
2012-11-20160159.jpg

I got one pump mostly built up with what fittings I had:
2012-11-21161749.jpg

I drilled the frame and bolted the solenoids down and set the pump to where it would be and started to make up the loom for the Pump, dumps and solenoids. All was covered in webbing and heat shrink and each connection was labelled and clear heat shrinked over:
2012-11-21223205.jpg

2012-11-28203237.jpg

2012-11-28203317.jpg

And the frame with the loom mounted:
2012-11-28210248.jpg

I'm waiting on a step up converter coming and I can finish the wiring (hence some unfinished parts of the loom)

Still tinkering with a few other bits like body work etc but no point in posting pics

Connor

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.