My Polo *big update post 341*

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Jola

RMS Regular
Great to see progress...at last :p Joking nato green! Alot of hard graft has gone into this Polo by the looks of it. Well done (y)

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
OP
natogreen16v
Drives
Stuff
Thanks. I really can't wait to get it done and enjoy it either. Even tho I love my mk2 I miss this car and how much fun I had in it.

The plan tonight was to weld the final brackets and have the centre console/handbrake surround mounted 100% but I lost my box of speed clips so could do **** all on that front.

I grabbed my A pillar trims and decided to cut them to suit the new dash. I done the usual of taking a bit off at a time and keep offering it up but somehow on the first cut i cut the wrong angle and made a balls of the drivers side. The longer one is the correct length and angle I needed. The shorter is what I cut lol:
t12.jpg

I got the passenger side cut perfect and here is it in place:
t11.jpg

I brought it home and trimmed it in the same material as the door cards (excuse the clips holding the edges in place):
t13.jpg

Connor

fabsvrs

RMS Regular
Drives
05 fabia VRS
what can i say connor the dogs dangles lol just read through the whole thread u have done some work 1st class job be prod of ur self and ur friends :cool:

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
OP
natogreen16v
Drives
Stuff
Cheers lads. I spent yesterday clearing out the yard and getting a load ready to take to scrap today so all I got done was made the brackets for the handbrake surround. Today I'll weld them and going to paint the inside of the car.

what can i say connor the dogs dangles lol just read through the whole thread u have done some work 1st class job be prod of ur self and ur friends :cool:
Thanks. I know I'm proud of myself but my mates on the other hand... lol. I suppose a quick shout out to any that are on here wouldn't go a miss:
Bono872
browne174
Dominoka
Gerry
DanN92
Fatman
niallod
PaddyN
slimbo
Wayne D

and loads others not on here (and probably on here i've missed altho you can only tag up to 10 people so that's my excuse lol). Getting all emotional now :sob:

There's definatly been some laughs in that workshop:
IMG_1628.jpg

Connor

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
OP
natogreen16v
Drives
Stuff
If we were on the list, it woulda been finished ages ago ;)
Sure you're too loved up and don't come out anymore :p

You Know who your mates are...
#YKWYMA :p

I'd need to watch out because this is the 3rd update in 3 nights. It's looking suspiciously like progress is being made lol.

Done a scrap run to get a few quid coming up to christmas so didn't get a lot done today.

I finished trimming the a pillar and got the excess tucked round the back of it with a method that will never let go so the door cards will be less of a worry now :laughing:
00001.jpg

00002.jpg

I've been talking about painting the car inside as I'm sick of it being multicoloured so I decided to start under the rear seats for tonight. Got abit carried away and ended up near the dash. I need to remove the dash to finish it so this is as far as i got today:
00003.jpg

Connor

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Frig me is that handbrake secure lol?! Suppose it'll be pulled up and not to the side :grinning:

Handbrake cover will look grand once you get the rest of the updated dash in i reckon :grinning: Grenade knob is (y):cool:

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
OP
natogreen16v
Drives
Stuff
the handbrake is well welded cos i purposely tried to break it to test it. the plate its welded to is bolted to a flat surface so its going nowhere.partying this weekend so no updates til Monday

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
OP
natogreen16v
Drives
Stuff
stefan you've no skills to doubt judging by the progress on the mk1 and your love for fitting wheel bearings... ohhhh :-P

Fatman

RMS Regular
Drives
A broken golf
He went there! Well judging by the progress on this... UD 2020 is definitely a possibility! ;)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.