My Polo *big update post 341*

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

106lad

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 GT2 / 182
Arnt we all.... :p

ill be old and dead by the time this finishes :p

Something similar to:

1928882_o.gif

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
OP
natogreen16v
Drives
Stuff
Feeling the love :cool: It'll need a hydrogen engine by the time im done lol. Just got a wiring diagram drawn up for the headlight switch so hopefully it wont be discotastic when I test it this time.

Creaney

RMS Regular
Drives
right folks, another update for the Polo. After getting scuffed at edition and general abuse over winter i decided to take into the car and get it ready for heading off to Ultimate Dubs at the weekend past.

i filled an dints and re-did my rear arches after not being happy with them and resprayed the car completely. inside i fitted my install which has been built for a few months now. its only set in at and not finished but you get the idea. still havnt got round to wiring it. i also fitted my grenade gear knob, sprayed the cloth on my doorcards black and threw the camo net over the front seats again.

tbh this show was the push i needed to get the car back to a decent standard and after viewing the others at the show has made me want to push on with the car, esp the interior. so there should be a few other updates soon.

right, here are the pics
tobygood1.jpg

tobygood3.jpg

tobygood2.jpg

DSCF0588.jpg

Will it grace these halls in march… that is the question.

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
OP
natogreen16v
Drives
Stuff
It's very doubtful it'll go tbh as im skint and i've just bought a mk3 GTi to run about in (days off with my dad are bad lol)

After some dicking about and waiting on parts I got the hydros running. They're only temporary but I'm just glad they're working after never seeing them going. The metallic bang is the manifold at the front getting knocked over not the hydros:

the axle is resting on the chassis legs and wont go lower without a notch but my Gottis will be poking anyway so wont matter

and a wee shot:
juice_zps0fc617b9.jpg

Connor

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
OP
natogreen16v
Drives
Stuff
only the rears. I've alignment spacers to buy for the rose joints still. once its 100% I'll do the front.

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
OP
natogreen16v
Drives
Stuff
Christmas update :laughing:

The parents got my Gottis powdercoated for me. The legends got them done in crinkle finish without me asking. I wouldn't have had the balls to do it but im glad they did:
001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

Lee being of equal legendary status managed to find me a genuine BBS 4 spoke steering wheel which had been retrimmed so bar the horn its in near perfect condition :laughing: The walnut finish now means i can keep the walnut finish on the mk4 dash as it'll tie in:

update04.jpg

update06.jpg

update05.jpg

update07.jpg

Connor

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
OP
natogreen16v
Drives
Stuff
Christ the night the wheels looks faptastic :laughing: Im amazed you want wood in your car though! :eek: Or maybe thats the only time you or Lee does get it? :party:
the wheels are 100x nicer than i could have imagined. i was expecting plain satin black. these look like they'd survive the apocalypse. lol. can't wait to see the titanium bolts in them.

im on a wood interior fan tbh but I'll keep it as it'll match the bbs wheel. now i can fit the momo in my new mk3 lol.

and p.s. Dominoka gets plenty of walnut :-P

c11ris

RMS Regular
Drives
MK5GTI/MK2GTI
Put polished bolts on the wheels and they will look awesome!

I got wood for Christmas too ;). Mine isn't as nice as yours though.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.