Interesting car for £1500

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
Where's the popcorn when you need it lol

I always heard that when you're replacing a clutch, it makes sense to replace the flywheel as well when your in that far. You don't want to be pulling out that clutch again a few months later.

colin84

RMS Regular
If it was a £1500 car that George was selling why would he want to splash out on a brand new clutch and flywheel? If he was going to keep the car it would make more sense, but simply looking at it while they are out will tell their condition anyway.

But on original topic a £1500 Accord type R is going to be rough. They are getting on and have all been abused at some point. Hidden rust is a big factor too. Wouldn't fancy one as a daily though, I got tired of mine

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330D
Where's the popcorn when you need it lol

I always heard that when you're replacing a clutch, it makes sense to replace the flywheel as well when your in that far. You don't want to be pulling out that clutch again a few months later.

Im in a mood for winding tonight lol

purplea4T

RMS Regular
Lovely Golf GTI, I'll even give you money back to get the dents fixed!
image.jpeg

mrloaf

RMS Regular
Drives
Swedes
i'd hold out for some type of Saab Aero 9-3/9-5 with the 2.3T motor, lots of car for your budget and lots of gains to be had from a cheap noobtune map.

_James_

RMS Regular
OP
_James_
Drives
V50/M135i
Apart from the damage to the passenger side door and arch, drivers seat is down to the metal frame on the bolster, and the guy is a grade A bag...

**** I was for viewing it tonight. Ah well another one marked off the list

purplea4T

RMS Regular
**** I was for viewing it tonight. Ah well another one marked off the list
He had done a deal to p/X the Saab for my Golf, I said I'd MOT the Golf for a year, passed the MOT then text him straight after to let him know it was ready. Cue the excuses on the Saturday of the MOT pass, then organised it for the Sunday. More excuses, then apparently his wife's granny died..... I mean, this guy lives 2 minutes walk from me and couldn't get the time? Then I see the Saab advertised after having a clutch and droplinks fitted a week later. That coupled with the earlier mentioned damage and the mileage (over 110k), I'm glad he didn't go through with it, I think I dodged a bullet. But don't let me put you off......

surprising_skoda

RMS Regular
Drives
Skoda/BMW/Austin
This might not pass as interesting, but I have a 2001/2 530i auto touring with black leather and built in sat nav, 130 something k, silver, MOt'd for a bit - I'd let it go for £1500 but it wont be till next weekend.

I've nothing else about at £1500 until next month though, which is annoying for me as "interesting" cars are what I do and usually wanted threads are about diesels and MPVs.

_James_

RMS Regular
OP
_James_
Drives
V50/M135i
Rang up about a really nice looking 9-5 estate...sold yesterday Not enjoying this at all

purplea4T

RMS Regular
Think the same car was at 500. A few weeks ago.
Apparently he's had it 7 years, it was up for £1100 at first, now down to £800, though something didn't ring as "right" with the car or its history. I could've sworn there was 121k on it too, but might have been 112k. I got a trade value for it off a mate and it was £275.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.