Interesting car for £1500

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
Cannot deal with gumtree sellers any longer!

Someone must have an interesting car for upto £1500.

Only requirements are a long MOT and solid as it's for the daily commute. Petrol/diesel/2dr/5dr/3wheeler/I don't care just make it interesting.

I want to pick it up this weekend.

EP82JM

RMS Regular
The fact he was looking for a second hand clutch for it would put me off ever buying something off him.

I think Accord Type Rs are up there with one of the most interesting things you can buy at that money, few on gumtree recently for around 1k

_James_

RMS Regular
OP
_James_
Drives
V50/M135i
Now thats a car I never thought of! Good call!

chunky

RMS Regular
Drives
Lots
Theres a nice cat c clio 172 on gumtree. Good spec car for the money. Shame its cat c, but not a big deal if your going to keep it.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
The fact he was looking for a second hand clutch for it would put me off ever buying something off him.

I think Accord Type Rs are up there with one of the most interesting things you can buy at that money, few on gumtree recently for around 1k

When I was breaking cars for myself or for other people, Nissans/Toyotas/Subaru's etc, clutches and flywheels were 1 of the most commonly asked for parts. If there's life in 1, why not re-use it?

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330D
you mean Jewish Racing Gold? I could probably live with that if it wasn't a rust bucket

Fantastic name for a german car company lol

Full years MOT as of last week, some bubbling the rear arches but not really broken through - a lot better than most I have seen! (y)
172k (insert comment about driving like half the miles here)
New fuel pump, fan belt (and tensioners), rear shocks and mounts, full service (& more that I have probably forgotten) all within last 6 months.

Ive seen a car I want so a decent cash offer will lift it so I dont have to PX :grinning:

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330D
Alpina spoiler too @Jamz3k :cool:

10383637_892841117415929_8926632405441327766_n.jpg

_James_

RMS Regular
OP
_James_
Drives
V50/M135i
It's so bad looking, I like it! Let me mull it over and ill get back to you. Something will bebought this weekend!

EP82JM

RMS Regular
When I was breaking cars for myself or for other people, Nissans/Toyotas/Subaru's etc, clutches and flywheels were 1 of the most commonly asked for parts. If there's life in 1, why not re-use it?

Like wise...but I always sold them thinking this is the trampiest thing I have ever saw lol. My point is more would I want a car from someone who would rather put a second hand clutch in than a new one...and the answer is no, because I highly doubt it would have been maintained to a good standard in any other department.

_James_

RMS Regular
OP
_James_
Drives
V50/M135i
Like wise...but I always sold them thinking this is the trampiest thing I have ever saw lol. My point is more would I want a car from someone who would rather put a second hand clutch in than a new one...and the answer is no, because I highly doubt it would have been maintained to a good standard in any other department.

We are talking about 1500quids worth of car.

I have made some very cheap repairs to the Passat

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330D

Or those who do clutch and leave flywheel ... :confounded:

Ge0rge

Banned

It was bought needing a clutch knucklehead, what would you rather have a new cheap clutch or a like new exedy clutch that went into it

Ge0rge

Banned
Or those who do clutch and leave flywheel ... :confounded:
if you are referring to that Car you tyre kicked me with twice then the car was bought that way like I already told you, you were getting a £3.5k car for a grand cheaper you get what you pay for, don't even go there.

Last edited:
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.