Interesting car for £1500

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Ge0rge

Banned
I said id never buy a car of someone who I know is cheap enough to fire a second hand clutch in a car. Thats all there is to it "knucklehead"
Car was bought to be sold on, not to throw money at, sold for full asking price in eBay, all the best.

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330D
if you are referring to that Leon you tyre kicked me with twice then the car was bought that way like I already told you, you were getting a £3.5k car for a grand cheaper you get what you pay for, don't even go there.

It wasnt the first time Ive heard of that nor will it be the last Im sure but no yours wasnt the one I was thinking of when I read that if I am totally honest.

I met with you to see the car once, you were late so it was getting dark when I got to see it anyway and you were quite happy for me to get it looked at too see what the strange noise was.
At no point did I agree to buy it so hardly tyre kicking unless that now includes viewing a car with intention to buy it if it didnt need any work done...?
I know fine well you get what you pay for hence why I was being cautious.
If you want people to come and buy something right there and then no questions or checks you are in the wrong game - I expect this with every car I sell (thankfully not many).

Assuming your in a mood because of your run of bad luck with motors yourself? lol

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330D
Your not far off :p. 500 would lift it, with spare jag BBS wheels (need painted) and a brand new Sony double din unit. I will probably
end up breaking it. I can just see myself being tortured by idiots on scum tree.

Out of interest how many miles are on it?

Im sitting down for this lol

BarryPort

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
I can just see myself being tortured by idiots on scum tree.

Jim it doesn't end on Gumtree unfortunately. I had a well established member on here spend a half an hour on the phone, test drive for 30 mins then declare it's the best one he's ever seen to contact me 4 days later with an offer 30% lower than asking price. And we're talking about a £30k car here.
Needless to say the next enquirer wired a deposit & paid full asking price & collected.
So much for the newly moneyed Northern Irishman.

Ge0rge

Banned
It wasnt the first time Ive heard of that nor will it be the last Im sure but no yours wasnt the one I was thinking of when I read that if I am totally honest.

I met with you to see the car once, you were late so it was getting dark when I got to see it anyway and you were quite happy for me to get it looked at too see what the strange noise was.
At no point did I agree to buy it so hardly tyre kicking unless that now includes viewing a car with intention to buy it if it didnt need any work done...?
I know fine well you get what you pay for hence why I was being cautious.
If you want people to come and buy something right there and then no questions or checks you are in the wrong game - I expect this with every car I sell (thankfully not many).

Assuming your in a mood because of your run of bad luck with motors yourself? lol
no I expect that but I said to you il offer to get it fixed in the garage of your choice and take the price off the asking price can't say fairer than that so we went to your mechanic I offered to take the cost of labour and the most expensive flywheel off the price, i specifically asked you that day before heading to Boucher if the deal would be done that day if i brought the car over and could work it out with your mechanic and you said yes(I specifically remember as I had no intention of goin over if you had said no you needed more time to think as you had already been thinking for days!) and offering to pay for labour and the most expensive flywheel you priced is surely working it out with your mechanic ? you were told that the previous owner done the clutch some time previous there obviously was nothing wrong with flywheel at that time or it would have been done, just because a clutch is gone doesn't mean that the flywheel must be changed, you expressed a very keen interest and since I know you I wasn't keen on shifting it on til I got a no from you and had a few PX offers in that time
I couldn't have been fairer in my movement in price that day and you remember what traffic was like I ended up on Boucher for over an hour so to say I wasn't impressed would be an understatement but I kept my mouth shut and said nothing, til I seen the dig there, no use now pretending it wasn't aimed at me when the comment you were replying to was.

Back on topic I've nothing remotely interesting all boring stuff, 7 seaters etc

Ge0rge

Banned
Your not far off :p. 500 would lift it, with spare jag BBS wheels (need painted) and a brand new Sony double din unit. I will probably
end up breaking it. I can just see myself being tortured by idiots on scum tree.
Are we talkin an st Mondeo ? Or have I got you mixed up with someone ?

jimcupra

RMS Regular
You see that's why I couldn't be bothered trying to sell mine. Your were selling an immaculate top end car, imagine what sort of tools I would get with a months dole money and a shag at their latest munter :p.
Jim it doesn't end on Gumtree unfortunately. I had a well established member on here spend a half an hour on the phone, test drive for 30 mins then declare it's the best one he's ever seen to contact me 4 days later with an offer 30% lower than asking price. And we're talking about a £30k car here.
Needless to say the next enquirer wired a deposit & paid full asking price & collected.
So much for the newly moneyed Northern Irishman.

Ge0rge

Banned
Enough with the arguing lads, this is about me getting the best car for the price capable of impressing sluts.
Then you just missed out on this bad boy I had 2007 pt cruiser Mercedes Diesel engine it kinda grew on me but horrible driving position and wheel colour but does look better in the flesh

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:

jimcupra

RMS Regular
2.2 in mine great engine. When you know how a car actually works then you know how to drive it imo. I over service mine every 10k instead of 12.5k. Still using ultimate diesel up to 107 now :worried:.
Class! I have one there for breaking too when the engine finally does let go lol, assuming its a 2tdci. Alot to be said for mechanical sympathy and good maintenance.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.