Argos Dual Action polisher

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

warren

RMS Photographer
OP
warren
Had a go with it yesterday, using just normal Autoglym Polish and the foam pad that came with it on the other halfs Ibiza.

Car was absolutely covered in marks such as this

image.jpeg

Was pretty bad paint scuffing on the front corner, which was then restored to this

image.jpeg

And the entire rear loading bay part of the rear bumper and boot lid above was absolutely covered in little scrapes and just about the most dull bit of paintwork I'd ever seen was restored to this

image.jpeg

All in all I am extremely impressed by it, me with my very limited knowledge of this equipment and process managed to produce some extremely good results with just normal polish and a layer of wax over it. The car is in in better nick now than its ever been since she's owned it.

Very impressed. Thumbs up.

CHARLIE11

RMS Regular
Drives
like a nutta
Had a go with it yesterday, using just normal Autoglym Polish and the foam pad that came with it on the other halfs Ibiza.

Car was absolutely covered in marks such as this

View attachment 106511

Was pretty bad paint scuffing on the front corner, which was then restored to this

View attachment 106512

And the entire rear loading bay part of the rear bumper and boot lid above was absolutely covered in little scrapes and just about the most dull bit of paintwork I'd ever seen was restored to this

View attachment 106513

All in all I am extremely impressed by it, me with my very limited knowledge of this equipment and process managed to produce some extremely good results with just normal polish and a layer of wax over it. The car is in in better nick now than its ever been since she's owned it.

Very impressed. Thumbs up.

I like the way u 'tested it' on 'the other halfs' car first...smooth move lol

warren

RMS Photographer
OP
warren
Yeah luckily parts of her paint were in such bad condition that I would have had a hard time making it worse lol

warren

RMS Photographer
OP
warren
I have a few little marks on the S80, I'll be sure to take a proper before and after shot of that one! Time wasn't on my side when I was doing the Ibiza sadly!

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
I think I may give it a go as well then based on those results. For the minimal amount of use it'll get it should last a decent amount of time.
Thanks for the review @warren (y)

And1

RMS Regular
Drives
@88
Wondering if I'm missing something - finding difficulty in attaching the foam pad that won't stay on at speed

warren

RMS Photographer
OP
warren
I just gave mine a good hard press against it and it stuck really well and never came off once!

Uncle Buck

RMS Regular
Drives
Ford Focus
Bought one last week and tried it out this weekend. Having given the car a run with it using meguiar's swirl x and ultimate polish, can say it definitely helped and I was happy with the results from it. No problems with pads falling off or anything either!

EP3 James

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon Cupra
Im always tempted to buy one of these but I am scared of damaging my paint or something ha ha ha. Looks good :grinning:

Bleacher

RMS Regular
Drives
M2
So overall out of ten marks for this?

Worthwhile? I have never owned or used one before but always tempted...

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
Im always tempted to buy one of these but I am scared of damaging my paint or something ha ha ha. Looks good :grinning:

You pretty much can't damage the paintwork using a DA unless you are a full retard and dip you pad in grit before applying it to the car.

I'm really ham fisted when it comes to things like this and even I get good results!

Bleacher

RMS Regular
Drives
M2
One of the reviews on argos says it onl;y has 1 speed, is that accurate?

"Nice product for the price you get what you pay for as it is one of the cheapest da polishers out there it is 600 watt which it doesn't mention in the description just one setting"

And1

RMS Regular
Drives
@88
One of the reviews on argos says it onl;y has 1 speed, is that accurate?

"Nice product for the price you get what you pay for as it is one of the cheapest da polishers out there it is 600 watt which it doesn't mention in the description just one setting"
5 or 6 speed iirc

Uncle Buck

RMS Regular
Drives
Ford Focus
6 speeds, used it again yesterday on my mum's 206 and again, left a good job. Will be used twice more this week too. Good job for not too much money

warren

RMS Photographer
OP
warren
Speed is a dial on the back 1-6. I don't use it professionally and I've never owned another one but I really couldn't fault it

image.jpeg

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.