RS6

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330D
Oh don't worry most of mine were saved from the scrap yard.
Going to part out an MR2 soon as its not worth fixing.

Still in years to come, even non-mint cars will rise in value

Agreed. Look at 205s and Renault 5s on eBay at the minute :scream:

How's that wee minter 206 going? :cool:

Ge0rge

Banned
OP
Ge0rge
Invoices like this scare me......

20170221_142100.jpg

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330D
Gearbox and engine out to replace turbos?

Same with a few generations of RS6 although there are a few companies have "developed" a way to work on them without having to remove them .... still the guts of a few £k though...

Ge0rge

Banned
OP
Ge0rge
Gearbox and engine out to replace turbos?
doesnt need to come completely out but the engine needs dropped at least 6 or 7 inches as far as im aware even at that its akward, im guessing its quicker for audi to do it that way, reciept for timing belt done was around £500 that needs done every 35k

Andy044

RMS Regular
Drives
^^^^^^
Agreed.
How's that wee minter 206 going? :cool:

Mot'd and sold. Needed more for MOT than I had anticipated but its away.
Didn't actually want to sell it but, the two people (friends) who I had lined up for it turned up their nose at it so I sent it up the road (y)

Sorry for the slight misdirection of the thread George.

On topic, timing belts are something that I have yet to tackle but the thought of doing a timing belt on a V8 would put the fear in me!

Ge0rge

Banned
OP
Ge0rge
Mot'd and sold. Needed more for MOT than I had anticipated but its away.
Didn't actually want to sell it but, the two people (friends) who I had lined up for it turned up their nose at it so I sent it up the road (y)

Sorry for the slight misdirection of the thread George.

On topic, timing belts are something that I have yet to tackle but the thought of doing a timing belt on a V8 would put the fear in me!
once you rip the entire front end off they are surprisingly easy got at its a good set up.

K55

RMS Regular
Indeed, fair play for getting your name on it though, must be some fun to throw about.

Ge0rge

Banned
OP
Ge0rge
I think that answers your question mate
Plugged it in too, just for a nosey no gearbox faults stored or pending ever I'm maybe being a tad rash if I deal il be lookin top money then replace it with an avant at some point I know people have said they are nicer in saloon but avant is so much nicer in my opinion, unless there's someone on here with an avant that fancies a deal lol

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.