RS6

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Bronk

RMS Regular
"Wouldn't get anywhere near" are you for real lol.....yeah it would walk away maybe there's a good chance too I wouldn't see him for his dust.

1 post ever in the 10 years since you joined hmm....

I've a funny feeling from your post your just quoting numbers you looked up on Google, it's really funny watching people like you get themselves all wound up about the performance of one car via another, driven them both have you? I'd say you have driven neither yet you can comment and tell lol

As stated earlier il line her up against yer man's M5 anytime when he's ready...

Just checked there it's actually closer to 3 and 1/4

wonder which one would blow up first :party:

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330D
Don't scud me lol gearbox is my biggest worry about ownership everytime I come back from a long drive I plug her in and check for codes it's a real shame they didn't make them manual .

Can you not get some sort of warranty?

I know I have AA Breakdown Repair but at a £500 limit per claim it wouldn't help if your gearbox goes boom but there are plenty of companies out there offering them depending no miles, age, history, etc?

Everytime I get a notification on this thread I try to figure out a way to afford an RS but then I remember I need money for other things ... like food :party:

Ge0rge

Banned
OP
Ge0rge
Can you not get some sort of warranty?

I know I have AA Breakdown Repair but at a £500 limit per claim it wouldn't help if your gearbox goes boom but there are plenty of companies out there offering them depending no miles, age, history, etc?

Everytime I get a notification on this thread I try to figure out a way to afford an RS but then I remember I need money for other things ... like food :party:
I don't think £500 would go far on a gearbox I don't keep them long enough to worry but with these it's like playing that new game pie face it's not if I don't think it's more when

Ge0rge

Banned
OP
Ge0rge
If I found a company like that though I'd maybe keep it long term if anyone knows of any.

Ge0rge

Banned
OP
Ge0rge
might require a bit of shopping around but this is a good starting point

warranty insurance
not a great start....

Screenshot (42).png

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330D

Given the horror stories I wouldnt expect it to be as straightforward as most lol

They'll likely want to go through the history with a fine tooth comb

You've got one of your dream cars so might be worth looking into to allow you to relax a bit and enjoy it though? :grinning:

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
Has it full service history from a vat registered garage? If not no company will touch you.

pablo

RMS Moderator
check the cut off mileage in case its 100k.

that seems good value but of course depends on what it covers. If it excludes turbos/gearbox stuff then it aint worth ****.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
I think these are class but id never have the balls to buy (same as an M5) . If your checking for codes after a drive that cant be much fun. So unless you have very deep pockets to run it id have my fun with it and sell her on again.

Ge0rge

Banned
OP
Ge0rge
check the cut off mileage in case its 100k.

that seems good value but of course depends on what it covers. If it excludes turbos/gearbox stuff then it aint worth ****.

he ryhmed off everything right down to silly things it would fail mot on, i said im only worried about engine and box, so £680 a year and agreed mileage of 6k per year if i went ahead, il see what happens, ive a possible deal tonight, im never happy.

Ge0rge

Banned
OP
Ge0rge
Agree with @pablo that is great value considering the potential outlay

What's tonights deal? :cool:
R32 and cash so i would be gettin back half what it owes me, id rather have my money in my pocket than in a ticking timebomb, that being said i know il look back on this thead in 5 or 10 years and wish i kept it but realistically its not long term, ive no garage to keep it in if i did maybe it would be long term, at the moment i keep it locked in the back of my gf's house.

the things been fully serviced, every reciept for every one and some of the invoices are eye watering (well to me anyway) the gearbox has been regularly serviced ive probably nothing to worry about right now, no signs of any issues at all but im not really a gambling man.

Ge0rge

Banned
OP
Ge0rge
is there any harm/issues regarding throwing this in the back of a garage somewhere for a few years, is being parked up a long time likely to have any effect on the gearbox? does it need to be brought out and mot'd every year to hold a bit of value or just sorn it off the road?

pablo

RMS Moderator
I think the question is more why would you NOT drive it?

good service at the other end should see things right again Id imagine. Get it out for the odd run every few months for giggles if nothing else!

EP82JM

RMS Regular
R32 and cash so i would be gettin back half what it owes me, id rather have my money in my pocket than in a ticking timebomb, that being said i know il look back on this thead in 5 or 10 years and wish i kept it but realistically its not long term, ive no garage to keep it in if i did maybe it would be long term, at the moment i keep it locked in the back of my gf's house.

the things been fully serviced, every reciept for every one and some of the invoices are eye watering (well to me anyway) the gearbox has been regularly serviced ive probably nothing to worry about right now, no signs of any issues at all but im not really a gambling man.

Get it up the road, nothing worse than having a fun car you cant enjoy because you are scared of x/y/z going wrong.

I bought a mapped Ep3 type r, blew up on the drive home and I was never fully comfortable driving it hard again after that.

Not worth the agro.

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330D
I know where you are coming from @Ge0rge , a few cars I would love to own but no storage for them...

Sounds like you haven't made your mind up yet so what is more important - cash in your pocket or the potential gains (if any after maintenance) of having this a few years down the line...

Would love to do what @Andy044 does and just fire them in the back of a shed and not worry lol

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.