a-kem automotive

McFall1984

RMS Regular
Drives
To many cars
Articulate, foam, bucket and schampoo, gleam, job done. All spray on (except bucket, obviously), and hose off.

The tyre dressing is handy too, works a treat on exterior rubber and plastics as well.

Anything more elaborate and she goes to @big_pete :laughing:

Cheers buddy

@Big Pimp
Can you pm me with a list of bits an bobs one would use while washing a car please

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I've just ran out of my autobrite fallout remover so I might hang fire on buying more until I can try yours (y)

Ant

RMS Regular
Got my delivery yesterday, so roof cleaned and proofed, body washed clayed glazed sealed... knackered
Bet it rains now, and need to decide if I'm going sell or keep it another while

IMG_20170506_135401_484.jpg

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Got my stuff yesterday too. (y)

Tried the UltraBrite on 10+ years of carbon buildup on the exhaust.

A lot of effort required to get it to this stage. Think this is a good as I'm going to get it, can't seem to shift any more. Tried a toothbrush, wire wool and wire brush. The metal is probably pitted beyond repair.

ultrabrite.jpg

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO

A lot of effort required to get it to this stage. Think this is a good as I'm going to get it, can't seem to shift any more. Tried a toothbrush, wire wool and wire brush. The metal is probably pitted beyond repair.

View attachment 144957

To be fair 10yrs of crust is going to be hard to shift

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Got my delivery yesterday, so roof cleaned and proofed, body washed clayed glazed sealed... knackered
Bet it rains now, and need to decide if I'm going sell or keep it another while

View attachment 144939

no rain forecast for a while. get that roof down and make the most of it.

Your car just highlights how much I love the Z4 shape.

View attachment 144957

I think as @weeloaney says, you're probably at the limit of what is going to be removed. I've had another user contact me last week to let me know he's come across a monster of a job, and where UltraBrite has always worked previously, this time it was having little to no effect.

the pitting is a real pain in the ass

cormac81

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
Tried out anti-moss at the weekend over my asphalt drive and granite steps to get rid of moss and green patches, well pleased(y) Everything is gone and the drive looks so much better now.

Looking forward to using the other products I got Ross.

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini&Corolla

View attachment 144957

Have you tried a Dremmel or something similar with the wire wheel then the polishing wheel attachment? I did this on my Clio182 exhaust and it done the job rather nicely. Was only a few years crud on it however.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Ross, anything to remove oil stains from a tarmac drive?

I don't want to suggest anything to the guy in case it melted the tar!