Polisher Buying Guide?

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
I’ve only used it on my wheels, it’s worked really well, the rest of the car is getting drowned in it today lol

I’ve been using it since last year instead of wax, it is so easy to apply to the bodywork. Done the car with it on Wednesday and the water is running off it.

Never used it on the wheels though. Must try it.

MarkM

RMS Regular
I’ve been using it since last year instead of wax, it is so easy to apply to the bodywork. Done the car with it on Wednesday and the water is running off it.

Never used it on the wheels though. Must try it.

Tbh I didn’t realise you could use it without waxing 1st, would’ve saved me a couple of hours yesterday :laughing:
Wheels are so easily cleaned now, I know it’s not a ‘wheel’ product but it works (y)

steenson

RMS Regular
Drives
misc 80's/90's
@big_pete would there be any chance of a few of us paying the money and tagging on to one of your "demo days"?

I still have my old G220 that @m00k graciously showed me to use but that wound be near a decade ago now so would like a bit of refreshing with the car care in general.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
I would be happy to run a free demo day for RMS users if there was enough interest. We don't charge for this at all. It touches on safe wash (something that is absolutely vital to learn and usually something everyone picks up upon) then we do an introduction to machine polishing and let people try different machines etc?

Myself and Rollo from OCD are also thinking of having a proper course as a one off, something that banishes the myths connected to what people see and read online.

Most of the advice given is based on the opinion of amateurs with no real world experience. We want to host a total no nonsense course that only draws on principles and techniques that we used day in, day out.

We are still trying to tie a date down for this and it will likely be run over the course of a few weekends but we think it will really cut through alot of the nonsense.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I would be happy to run a free demo day for RMS users if there was enough interest. We don't charge for this at all. It touches on safe wash (something that is absolutely vital to learn and usually something everyone picks up upon) then we do an introduction to machine polishing and let people try different machines etc?

Myself and Rollo from OCD are also thinking of having a proper course as a one off, something that banishes the myths connected to what people see and read online.

Most of the advice given is based on the opinion of amateurs with no real world experience. We want to host a total no nonsense course that only draws on principles and techniques that we used day in, day out.

We are still trying to tie a date down for this and it will likely be run over the course of a few weekends but we think it will really cut through alot of the nonsense.
I’m in for both options (y)

Last edited:

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
I’d definitely be up for an RMS demo day, a course would be a bit extreme for me.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
I'd be up for that, few tokens to a chosen charity should not upset anyone.

Jordy

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi / E46 M3
Would be interested in the above.

I have a DAS6 I bought a few years ago, think I’ve used it once. :laughing:

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Lol, I’d say it’d be wiser demoing on a car which is covered in swirls already. I’d be happy to oblige!

steenson

RMS Regular
Drives
misc 80's/90's
I’m looking forward to what ever comes of this, especially as I’ll probably only ever be dealing with cars that will need freshening up and I’ve also been told that one of my cars wouldn’t be worth looking at due to the type/age/hardness of the paint which I don’t really believe (or want to believe) so should be a good challenge.

OZRACER

RMS Regular
Drives
Ford
I'll be up for this. You can use my car for demo if you want. Black Skoda Superb mk1 . Go big or go home. Lol