Tornado Red MKV Golf GTI DSG

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

JamieG95

RMS Photographer
OP
JamieG95
Drives
F10 530d
Dropped the car back to @pobmk4 just before christmas to make the most of Revo's sale. I decided to go with a Scorpion Exhaust as well, 3" Non res Cat-Back. I will also be adding a Downpipe in another month or so. Along with going for Revo Stage 2 and Paul's reccomendation also had a little list of other things done...

- Initial diagnostic check
- PCV replacement
- Smoke test with any leaks repaired
- Compression test
- Spark plugs removed and re-gapped
- Engine flush
- Minor service with OE oil and filters along with a nano coat engine treatment from an external company
- Oil pick up pipe removed and inspected along with chain and gear

Revo
by Jamie Graham, on Flickr

Revo

Revo

Revo

The car is a joy to drive now, much more torque and certainly doesn't feel as restricted anymore, the exhaust is certainly loud under load but nice and quiet when cruising, which is exactly what I wanted. I do feel the gearbox a little slower on selecting the right gears when toodling about now though, possibly a DSG map next.

Noisy vids to follow, when I remember to bring my mic's home from work!

A terrible photo after a quick rinse, sitting perfectly on the Monza II's and Eibachs in my opinion.

Untitled by Jamie Graham, on Flickr

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Nice one Jamie. What kind of power is it running now? Downpipe should free up a few more ponies too!

JamieG95

RMS Photographer
OP
JamieG95
Drives
F10 530d
Nice one Jamie. What kind of power is it running now? Downpipe should free up a few more ponies too!

To be honest, I'm not sure. Revo's Website states somewhere between 240-270bhp. I haven'd had it Dyno'd yet - It certainly feels sharp.

Definitely, I should have ordered the downpipe at the same time as everything else but spent to much elsewhere! Will be going for a Sports Cat over a De-catted version.

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
That looks great and I would say it goes well now with the map. People say that they are a totally different car with a stage 1.

JamieG95

RMS Photographer
OP
JamieG95
Drives
F10 530d
That looks great and I would say it goes well now with the map. People say that they are a totally different car with a stage 1.

100%, I've never had a car mapped before so really notice the difference. Keep thinking I've another gear to go and looking down at the speedo to find I'm in license losing territory

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
100%, I've never had a car mapped before so really notice the difference. Keep thinking I've another gear to go and looking down at the speedo to find I'm in license losing territory

That’s a good thing lol I was like that in the Cupra quite a bit. I’m looking forward to getting the GTD done but it will be about 240bhp which is plenty for a derv.

The Monza II’s look perfect on it aswell.

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
That is a lovely example, red is such a nice colour and sits so well at that height with the wheels. Enjoy

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
To be honest, I'm not sure. Revo's Website states somewhere between 240-270bhp. I haven'd had it Dyno'd yet - It certainly feels sharp.

Definitely, I should have ordered the downpipe at the same time as everything else but spent to much elsewhere! Will be going for a Sports Cat over a De-catted version.

My FR Leon with the same engine and Revo stage 1 produced 246bhp but it was the torque that massively increased the feeling of the car, just shy of 300 from memory.

I had the car rolling roaded at an RMS day.

Cars looking really well.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Probably been said before but Monza II’s are such a nice wheel on these cars. Classy machine

JamieG95

RMS Photographer
OP
JamieG95
Drives
F10 530d
Should have done the box map in the sale too, was an awesome saving

I'll get it done later on in the year, if another event comes around. Too much money to do all at once lol

Hard to beat a red gti...bet it goes well now.

It does indeed, will let you take it a scoot sometime!

Very nice .. I’m sure it sounds nice with the system on it now.

It does sound well, will get a video up soon (y)

JamieG95

RMS Photographer
OP
JamieG95
Drives
F10 530d
Did you get the ones I linked?! Good job!

Not the exact set you linked, found a damaged set on clearance on a different site. slight scratch on the lens - barely noticeable but for a £50 saving I was happy enough :grinning:

JamieG95

RMS Photographer
OP
JamieG95
Drives
F10 530d
Couple of little things tidied up on the car over the weekend, finally got the R32/ED30 rear lights fitted. Did you have to get the RHD fog/reverse lens' @Lyons ? I never got round to DIY'ing it, found cheap ones but when fitting realised they're obviously from a LHD as the Fog & Reverse lens were the wrong way round, sort of botched them round for now.

IMG_9073

Also managed to get a reversing camera added in, handy thing to have. Hidden nicely within the numberplate lights!

IMG_9077

MOT is coming up soon so have a couple of things to sort, new brakes all round along with a new 3" BCS Downpipe with Motorsports Cat. Will be heading for some paint shortly too, the Lacquer is peeling off really badly on the bonnet & roof :worried:

IMG_9074

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.